Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Hotels Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 07-02-2008 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Can anyone suggest a good hotel in city centre. I've two friends coming from America in May for 3 nights and would like to given them a few recommendations. Something central with a lively bar and not somewhere that will rob you blind. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

A budget would be helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭KIVES

The Trinity Adams in Dame Street - reasonable prices and a breakfast fit for a Lord...couldn't say a begrudging thing about the craturs

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Rochie IRL

jdivision wrote: »
    A budget would be helpful

I'm not sure what the budget would be but I'm guessing somewhere between €70 - €90 per person per night would be average. It's more to do with it been central with nice room and nice bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Try the Academy Hotel just off O'Connell Street. It's a tad over budget, but it's really nice. Just been completely refurbished. Has a really nice bar aswell..

Academy Hotel

K.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

The old Berkeley Court (www.d4hotels.com), limited service but still a nice bar and short walking distance to pubs on Baggot St. I'm not sure which of the hotels it is now (but presume it's Ballsbridge Court) but think it's only e135 per night in May (for room, not per person) based on booking engine. The old Jurys hotel is only e105 per night.

Otherwise there's Bewleys in Ballsbridge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Peteer

Try the Academy Hotel just off O'Connell Street. It's a tad over budget, but it's really nice. Just been completely refurbished. Has a really nice bar aswell..

Academy Hotel

K.

Hotel's own link is http://www.academyplazahotel.ie

HTH,
    Peter

Advertisement