Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I woke up in floods of tears!!...??

Options
  • 07-02-2008 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Has this ever happened you? Does anyone know if it means anything or am I just going mad?

This morning guys, I woke up absolutely balling my eyes out. I was curled up in a little ball in bed in absolute tears. I was crying in my dream so obviously I knew that that's why I was crying when I woke up (or rather the crying woke me up) but the person in the dream I was crying about didn't actually mean anything to me... It was tv personality that I will never ever meet in my life. Could it have been symbolising someone in my life though? I'm usually good at interperating my own dreams and spend a good 10mins in bed before I get up going through the dreams I've had during the night and trying to figure out what meaning they could have in my life but this crying one has thrown me completely!

I'm not in a 'bad place' or anything. I've started back in college, living with the coolest girl ever and am really enjoying being back.....any suggestions???

Cheers (",)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Id imagine you probably watch too much tv :D

It only happened to me a few times, but always over my father mother or ex G/F..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

It happens to me occassionally.

I'm not sure which is more draining, the fact that you are upset and emotional after crying for god knows how long before you woke up, or the fact that most likely you spend the rest of the day trying to find meaning in it all.

I think you will find the following day you seem to have alot more energy, wierd, but thats how i feel after it happens. My advice, don't worry about it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

It's really annoying though because in the 2 weeks since i've been back in college this was the most stressed I've been but maybe the crying had a part to play in that...it's just really frustrating.

I found this "meaning" on [url]www.dreammoods.com:[/url]

To wake up crying, represents some suppressed hurt or previous trauma that is coming up to the surface. You can no longer suppress these emotions. They need to be dealt with head on.

But to my knowledge there is no 'suppressed hurt or trauma' that I need to deal with..... Subconcious mind and dream state can be sooooo annoying sometimes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I woke up crying once. In my dream my Grandmother had died and I lay there for an hour very upset, absolutely convinced that something had happened her and I had sensed it somehow.

She went on to live happily for another year.

Basically what I'm saying is that the brain does all sorts of weird shit and it doesn't always mean anything important. Maybe some combination of what you ate and watched on TV caused the emotion controlling parts of your brain to trigger crying for no good reason. Stuff happens, don't get concerned over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Yes happened to me years ago. Had an imaginary GF in dream, and it felt like we were in France on a holiday. She got knocked down and killed on a road surrounded by corn fields. I was in bits in the dream and when I woke up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

so weird this happened me last nite, i woke up absolutely bawling cryin had dreamt my sis who is away travellin had died. when i woke i was extremely upset and for most of the day, I still am actually (hence early morn post!)when i told my mam about this she said thats weird she had a dream last night too that the same sis arrived home early from her travels really upset! just wondering the reason?? symbollism?? of this dream?:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

forgot to say my sis is only gone a month now(gone 4 ten in all) so i wonder is it because her leavin is still fresh on my mind??????

Advertisement