Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh...eircom

Options
  • 08-02-2008 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

I ordered two phone lines and internet from Eircom back in October for our new house which has been completely refurbished. I got a letter saying that there was an exsisting phone line in the house that they had just reactivated. There's no box anywhere so I rang them to tell them to let the engineer know. After a few call back and forward they said they'd do this. The engineer showed up 6 weeks! later and said because there was no box he couldn't do anything The next day we got a phone call saying we would have to pay for a contractor to come out and find the phone line, so I told them to forget it. It's now 5 months later. They keep sending me bills that I've never paid. Every month it takes at least 4 phone calls to try and stop the bills but every month the bill arrives. I'm so angry about this. Does anybody know who the ombudsman is for them? Sorry about the long post:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Unfortunately for you, it's Comreg. Contact them anyway and let them know what's happening. They might just do something about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

dizzydub wrote: »
    I ordered two phone lines and internet from Eircom back in October for our new house which has been completely refurbished. I got a letter saying that there was an exsisting phone line in the house that they had just reactivated. There's no box anywhere so I rang them to tell them to let the engineer know. After a few call back and forward they said they'd do this. The engineer showed up 6 weeks! later and said because there was no box he couldn't do anything The next day we got a phone call saying we would have to pay for a contractor to come out and find the phone line, so I told them to forget it. It's now 5 months later. They keep sending me bills that I've never paid. Every month it takes at least 4 phone calls to try and stop the bills but every month the bill arrives. I'm so angry about this. Does anybody know who the ombudsman is for them? Sorry about the long post:mad:

I got into a similar situation when them, shower of jokers. shouting didn't help as most of the people I spoke to werre pig ignorant and didn't know their arse from their elbow. I actually got a sensible response by talking to someone in engineering or line engineering (can't remember which).

They were telling me that bills they had sent had to be paid as they'd been made from my line. First thing the engineer said was 'how can that be, your house doesn't have a line yet". Eventually got it sorted and changed providers the second the line was actually installed.

PS all in all took ovr a year for them to fit my line and get credits for bills sent before I had a line in.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭hellbent

There are very few permanent Eircom staff members left, most have been 'early retired' so that contractors can do the work. These people often come from up to 50 miles away, they do not know the locality, and are guided through finding cables etc., by desk-bound people who are reading directions from a PC screen.

Expect even worse as Babcock and Brown "extract more value" from the company. Your best bet is to ask around and find an ex-eircom technician who knows the cabling in your area to clue you up as to what your best move is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

had something very similar when I moved into an apartment in Dublin and ordered phone service. There was something wrong with the line so I couldn't tell it was working, rang them, they said it was working and it was an issue with the phone so got new phone still didn't work, rang them back got the same stick, took forever to get someone to actually come and check the line and after finding it not working, fix it.

Meanwhile I'd about 4 months of bills for a phone line that didn't work so rang them up and said I wasn't paying those bills as they hadn't provided the service they were charging me for. Took another 6 months to sort that out.

Also asked for international dialing to be blocked on the phone [had a boyfriend who rang up a huge bill and then didn't pay it] over the course of 6 months they charged me for it but never put it on the phone despite a number of calls asking them to either put it on or stop charging me for it. Never got them to refund the blocking charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 dizzydub

Right I think I've got it sorted now (until the next bill comes). Emailed Eircom and CC'd Comreg. Got an instant response where I had to clarify my problem over serveral emails but eventually got there. Comreg then told me if I had any more issues to contact them immediately and they would escalate it. Hopefully it's all done now. Going to go with Chorus for my phone line now I think:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement