Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Garda presence: Ballybeg & Halting Site

• 08-02-2008 12:02am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anybody know anything about the large garda presence at the entrance to Ballybeg and the Halting site? Two guards stood outside ballybeg entrances waving on cars and questioning those entering/leaving estates. Garda Jeeps and Vans spread out around the place parked, majority being outside the halting site.

Something happen? There seems to be a lack of illegal parking on the road by the halting site, only one caravan compared to the usual few that used to be there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

dont know about the halting site but going to work around 3 o clock today there was a car on the big green across from the entrance to WIT, which had a lot of smoke coming out of it, dont know if its related!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Yup, car was burnt out on the green opposite WIT. Most likely related :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Jaysus the kids are doing it earlier then usual these days!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

There were up on the new road aswell were the council built housing for travellers! I passed about 7 checkpoints today in the car!

Its a nice feeling knowing im going to be living next to them soon :rolleyes:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭nutzzz123

I believe there was a raid in Kilcohan area also...I think it was 2 traveller families either about to fight each other or already have but I think they seized machetes, knives etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There is a field between Ballybeg drive and the ORR which is home to at least a dozen burnt out cars.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

the reason for the garda presence is that they're expecting a pretty big family/gang war among the same families who were at it a couple of months back. remember? a couple of fellas ended up in hospital with hatchet wounds and a pregnant knacker was in a caravan that was rammed by the other family.
    but, y'know, the pavee's are a misunderstood bunch. its all tradition apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

More of that still going on eh? What am I saying? These feuds never end do they - its going to become inter-generational if it isn't already.

Mike.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

longshanks wrote: »
    the reason for the garda presence is that they're expecting a pretty big family/gang war among the same families who were at it a couple of months back. remember? a couple of fellas ended up in hospital with hatchet wounds and a pregnant knacker was in a caravan that was rammed by the other family.
    but, y'know, the pavee's are a misunderstood bunch. its all tradition apparently

I thought the feuding families were moved out?

Anyway, witnesses I spoke to said it was due to the car being burned out. Apparently there was some sort of chase going on. There has been no garda presence since the incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tpo

the day I passed there was 2 garda vans 1 jeep and 2 cars with about 6 armed garda members and 8 non armed, not the usual looking ones these guys were brought in for a big reason they were kitted out with riot gear the lot, pretty impressive to look at.

• Advertisement
Advertisement