Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rear Windscreen Washer

Options
  • 08-02-2008 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭

Buenos Noches.

I've got a MkII Golf, 6 years old and recently the water from the rear windscreen washer has only been going halfway up the windscreen, meaning the top half is bogging and i can hardly see out. The flow doesn't seem obstructed.

Any suggestions on how to improve pressure or fix the problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

You could try removing the nozzle and steeping it to see if you can get any grit out of it. I assume the pump is fine seeing that you said it is just the rear that is giving trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Try poking a very fine piece of wire down the nozzle.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The flow doesn't seem obstructed.

Perhaps the nozzles aren't aimed correctly. Adjust them with a pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

Most Vw's have a wire mesh filter in the water reservoir to stop debris from entering the windscreen washer system. If this isnt there is quiet possible that they are blocked. Happened to a older vw is used to have. Remove the nossles and blow them out with an air hose worked well for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

a MkII Golf, 6 years old

in the words of the Virgin Mary; Come again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

cjt156 wrote: »
    in the words of the Virgin Mary; Come again?

:rolleyes: My bad, i meant to type IV!

Thanks for all the help, i tried everything suggested and one of them worked! Clear rear!

Advertisement