Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fees

Options
  • 08-02-2008 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

Are the only fees for LIT the registration fee?
    I dropped out of uni last year and hoping to go to LIT this year. I know that if I was going back to a university I would have to pay a few grand but is this the case with ITs?

This is what I found on the LIT website:
    The Department of Education & Science has indicated that learners entering on full-time programmes in September, 2007, will not have to pay a Programme Fee. However, a Student Services Fee (e800 in 2006/7) is payable by each learner and this covers Student Services, Registration, Examination Fees, etc.

so is that it? cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

If you completed a year somewhere else then, yes, you will have to pay course fees. €2000 for a level 8 degree + registration fees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

does complete a year mean you passed the exams?

The course infact is actually only a Level 2 - two years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

I'm not sure what qualifies as a full year. I failed one final exam in another college, didn't repeat, then applied to LIT and had to pay the full fees.

If you do have to pay, a level 2 should only be about €1000. Apply anyway, you might pass under their radar ;)

Advertisement