Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wierd problem with windows boot.

• 08-02-2008 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

bit of a wierd one.

installed win xp just now on my desktop.

ive got

3 harddrives.
    set to boot in order of

1: raptor
    2: 500gb
    3: 500gb

win xp is installed on the raptor.
    i shut down and set my boot priority back to normal so dvd wasnt first to boot.

when i restarted after saving bios it keeps coming up with

non system disk. please insert system disk and press enter.

back to bios, changed dvd back to boot first.
    restarted and it comes up with

press any key to boot from cd......
    then it loads windows fine....!!

turned it back off again and changed raptor to boot first.
    no joy.

same thing again?

any ideas? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Run the recovery console yoke from the Windows CD and run FIXMBR (look at the parameters with /? - I forget exactly what to use).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

played around with it for a while and it seems that it only boots when the windows xp cd is in the drive.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

well it turns out i fixed it.

wiped windows off.

unplugged the 2 500gb drives.

what i noticed was windows was assigning the raptor ( main drive with windows on it ) as f drive instead of c drive.

so i re-formatted, unplugged both 500gb drives, installed windows, it assigned the raptor to c drive and now all is fine.

Advertisement