Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How good is FM

Options
  • 08-02-2008 2:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭

Yo everyone,

I'm a Championship Manager veteran (I pretty much have every version of the CM series) but lost interest once the company split into SEGA and SiG (??). Anyway, is Football Manager any good? I had a dream last night that I was managing Ghana of all teams and I realised how much I missed playing these management sims!

Thanks,
    Kevin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Jrad

Beat the sh!t outta AM!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's great fun. Buy it and bring your Ghana dream alive. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It's just one massive wet dream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Sounds good. Unfortunately, I went to the shop and looked at the recommended specs and realised soon enough that it'd be pointless to buy it. Although, this is as good an excuse as any to get a new super-powered PC... ...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

For Football Manager? You don't need anything fancy at all to play it. I have a really poor computer and it works no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Aye, I agree with Reganio. My laptop is 4 years+ old at this stage with 256 RAM and still runs OK. Go and buy it, you will not regret it...

...Until all human relationships around you crumble that is!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

It's fantastic if you haven't played CM/FM in the last 3+ years. If you've bought every version for the last couple of years then it's more of the same. Still v v enjoyable though.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

It is missing something that was in the old versions.

It is still pretty good though.

besty wrote: »
    Go and buy it, you will not regret it...

That's all I need to hear... ...I'm gonna go buy it now! :D

I had just managed to rebuild my life after the first set of Championship Managers, but I guess the rebuilding will have to be put on hold.

What the... ? It's called 'World Soccer Manager' in the USA?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Kevster wrote: »
    What the... ? It's called 'World Soccer Manager' in the USA?

remember them American's are a bit slow... referring to a sport played with the hands as "football"...

dim bunch.

Ah yeh, true. I downloaded the FM2008 demo just now and played one game. It made m realise enough that this game could seriously affect my social life! Man, it brought back good memories. I picked Everton and duly lost my opening friendly game against Longford town 3-2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Sounds good. Unfortunately, I went to the shop and looked at the recommended specs and realised soon enough that it'd be pointless to buy it. Although, this is as good an excuse as any to get a new super-powered PC... ...:p

The good thing about FM is that unlike 95% of PC games it does not need a good graphics card to run. In fact, it doesn't need any kind of fancy graphics card to run. If you have a good CPU and a decent amount of RAM it will work well. Upgrading your memory can give you a big performance increase with FM. I have a 2.33ghz dual core, 2gb of RAM and a crappy integrated graphics card and FM runs like a dream. :)

Yeh but I'm operating on 512MB RAM and a single CPU at 2GHz... ...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Yeh but I'm operating on 512MB RAM and a single CPU at 2GHz... ...:confused:

As long as you're happy with the speed performance it doesn't really matter. I just had to upgrade my PC recently because it would have barely met the minimum specs for FM08.

Advertisement