Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBNA Credit Card

Options
  • 08-02-2008 3:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

I applied and recieved a Ryanair/MBNA credit card....
    Now i have a mastercard already with Bank Of Ire...
    My dad has told me MBNA will basically try and rape me as soon as i activate it? Im sure thats a little ott....But is he right?
    The reason i originally applied for it was because i do alot of flying with ryanair

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

MBNA can be VERY expensive IF you don't manage your account well. They charge quite signifigantly for everything. So make sure you pay your bill on time, keep within your limit etc and you should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭smooth operater

Cool, il have to look into their internet bankin so, im usually fine with my current one....If it wasnt for internet banking i'd never have paid them off!!!

God bless the interenet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

a lot of people on here usually suggest using your credit card when withdrawing money abroad in non euro zone countries. Just note that MBNA charge you a cash withdrawal fee even if you have a credit balance. Their exchange rates are usually pretty sh!t too if buying stuff of foreign websites

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Ditto as per the two previous posts. I'll just add that it is very handy to have access to using their credit card cheques...for emergencies. They'll spam you with the amount of blank cheques that they send to you. Make sure you pay off the balance in FULL or it will cost.

Advertisement