Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Family Law Court documents

• 08-02-2008 3:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so its pretty basic thing I want to know.
    I was wondering is it possible to obtain documents from years ago which were presented in court?

Bit of history;

When I was around 7 I think I may of been bribed so to speak into lying in court.
    Now am 20 and have serious doubts over this all and would like to have them sorted out.

any advice on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

moving to legal

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

As Family matters are in camera or in private, the chances are that the documentation will be hard to find. In general terms the cases are also listed using letter formet e.g., McD v McD - McDonagh v McDonagh etc.

Your best bet might be to find out who the solicitor was that was hired and have them see if they can find the files for you.

Tom

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Post script: I'd only recommend digging out Family Law / Case documents unless you have to. In many cases/instances they don't make good reading to see your parents, partners etc. having 'open-heart' relationship surgery before the courts.

This is of course mere my opinion.

Advertisement