Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I.t.e.c Any Good?

Options
  • 08-02-2008 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

JUST LOOKING FOR ANY INFO ON ITEC COURSES. I AM THINKING OF STARTING 1. JUST LOOKIN FOR INFO ON PEOPLES EXPERIENCES?:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 afino

I took a Copywriting and Proofreading course with ITEC last year. It was the biggest waste of money of my entire life. The materials were just bad photocopies out of a mediocre book, the "tutor" didn't correct any of the work and just left vague comments on the returned scripts. I didn't even bother with the exam 'cos it was so pathetic. :mad:

The same course was supposedly accredited but when I dug a little deeper I found that the organisation that accredited the course was run by...? The people in ITEC of course! It is a shambles and I would urge anyone thinking about taking a course to RUN....and keep your cash in your wallet.

Btw I say all this as a seasoned distance learning student, I've studied with the Open University for years. Now they are a class act.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

OP, I would suggest you have a look at this link.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

OP, I would suggest you have a look at this link.

Randy. Thank you.

I have been going on about ITEC and the DLAC since Spring 2004.
    I have tons of stuff on them from the CRO, domain names etc.

Everytime I hear ITEC I cringe.

That article has made my day. Even if the Indo was a bit slow in getting there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 dubious

succubus wrote: »
    JUST LOOKING FOR ANY INFO ON ITEC COURSES. I AM THINKING OF STARTING 1. JUST LOOKIN FOR INFO ON PEOPLES EXPERIENCES?:eek:
    Hi there are two different ITEC award bodies, one is Irish and the other is itecworld.co.uk, which is international, I have been confused about this for weeks but just got it clarified the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I started an ITEC fitness course some years back, and it was badly managed, and felt it was a complete waste of time, in contrast to the NCEF course I undertook held in UL. I think it depends on what discipline you are going for, as have heard excellent things on their massage courses, for instance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Beautybeanie

Hi there are two different ITEC award bodies, one is Irish and the other is itecworld.co.uk, which is international,

I'm a Beauty Therapist who has taken the ITEC exam (Itecworld) as the institution I attended had it built into their programme as an added extra otherwise I wouldn't have taken it. Their diplomas are not recognised as stand alone diplomas in Australia as they are, in terms of education standards here, certificate level courses. In addition, much of what they cite as diplomate subjects are included in our Dip BT.

As a result, ITEC is not a widely used feature in Australia but is a 'tack on' gimmick for those wanting to go overseas to work in a country that recognises ITEC first (eg. Hungary).

Advertisement