Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fake Converse

• 08-02-2008 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭

Want to buy a pair of converse but can't really afford the real deal at the moment so does anyone know of where I can get look-alikes??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Fake Converse look nothing like 'the real deal', sorry. Wouldn't bother tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

My friend got a pair before in Pennys for E6. Looked pretty similar.
    That was a while back. Try there or New Look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Yeah I'm pretty sure Pennys and Dunnes used to sell them anyway, check there so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

you can get the real deal on the converse ireland website for 55 yoyos, imo would be worth waiting and putting a few quid aside. theyll look bettler and last longer, (and keep your feet fresher!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Converse is already cheap, you really shouldnt bother. Converse is a nice, timeless, classic style and the cheap ones just look nasty and wont last. Buy online and im sure youll find something cheaper than 55eur

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Well if she says can't afford Converse, she can't, no point telling her to pull money out of thin air if she doesn't have any to spare.

Ballerina, I saw some lookylikeys last year in new look, and in next. Dunno if they still have them at this stage but they were about 15 quid or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

I cant believe someone is having problems finding fake coverse, they're everywhere!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 beergoggles

try topshop. i saw them when i was there with my gf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭brid_m

saw some in No Name a while ago for around 15e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

The real deal are only like €50, isn't that cheap for runners?

I thought it was! Haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

They used to be e35 but then Nike bought em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

Fraid not jdivision-35e was the Kids Converse price, while the adults one range from 45-55e. I work very closely with nike and they have consistantly tried to keep the costs the same before and after the buy out. They making less profit per shoe due to rising labour wages (no joke) and inflation. Also the base of the shoe now benefits from comfier e.v.a foam, which also last longer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Check returns. Retail establishments often sell them at a discount, though sizing will be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

Thanks for the help

just to clarify some stuff- i only looked in one place and they were 105 euro so i thought they were always that dear.i bought my pair in new york for fifteen dollars....

and anyway they were for a friend as a thanks for doing a favour,she doesnt like converse but im always teelling her she should get them so thats why i didnt want to spend that much on them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

105? :O

They're only 55 in schuh!

yea i realise now that i just picked completely the wrong shop!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Ballerina wrote: »
    and anyway they were for a friend as a thanks for doing a favour,she doesnt like converse but im always teelling her she should get them so thats why i didnt want to spend that much on them!
    [My bolding]
    If she doesn't like them then why in the world would you buy them as a gift for her, let alone fake ones?

Also, I've never seen Converse at e105. Even limited edition versions aren't that expensive.

jesus why did i even bother posting here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

the €105 thing is completely made up, no converse cost that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Paying any money for what are effectively clown shoes is ridiculous IMO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement