Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best of a bad bunch?

Options
  • 08-02-2008 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Living in Leixlip, no phoneline in the house so we're looking to get in wireless. From what im told (by friends and reading on boards), they're all absolutely woefull.

But we need some kind of broadband and wireless seems to be our only option (NTL broadband isn't in our estate as of yet).

So which is the least ****?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

Living in Leixlip, no phoneline in the house so we're looking to get in wireless. From what im told (by friends and reading on boards), they're all absolutely woefull.

But we need some kind of broadband and wireless seems to be our only option (NTL broadband isn't in our estate as of yet).

So which is the least ****?

I heard Digiweb from a couple of friends are very good, no complaints so far.

Freefone 1800 930 366

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Theres always eircoms wifi hotspots. Theres a few in Leixlip.

Linky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Burnt Toast

Cheers for the help lads.

I rang digiweb, they're wireless service doesn't cover our area. And id say we're too far from those two eircom wireless hotspots to get any sort of connection im afraid.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I think the Liffey Valley House Hotel and the Leixlip House Hotel might have ones also, but dont quote me on that.

Well we only moved in yesterday, so i'll open the laptop when i get home and see what springs up. :)

• Advertisement

Any more suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭gingerGiant

If you get really desperate you could try IBB they have a highsite at Intel how good they are in Leixlip and what areas of the town are covered I,m not too sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭lm7

Take some really good advice. in this modern age we demand and can not do with out good broadband. save lots of hassle and grief aggravation. Don’t go with Irish broadband. mine keeps drooping. I tried to advertise my car the company I used wanted me to upload a simple jpg image of my car. After 7 attempts I gave up my broadband was just not up to the job. I use the ripwave modem it’s cheap and ok for checking emails that’s it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Barlow07 wrote: »
    I heard Digiweb from a couple of friends are very good, no complaints so far.

Freefone 1800 930 366

I'm on Digiweb DSL and have had no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭gingerGiant

lm7 wrote: »
    Take some really good advice. in this modern age we demand and can not do with out good broadband. save lots of hassle and grief aggravation. Don’t go with Irish broadband. mine keeps drooping. I tried to advertise my car the company I used wanted me to upload a simple jpg image of my car. After 7 attempts I gave up my broadband was just not up to the job. I use the ripwave modem it’s cheap and ok for checking emails that’s it.

Your right about the ripwave it's barely better than dial-up, but I was talking about Breeze which I believe is better and is available in Leixlip, it might not be the best but is better than nothing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement