Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yankee Candles

• 08-02-2008 12:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭

Ladies

Need some help, i need to replace a medium sized yankee candle that i smashed, i tried BT,Habitat,Banana Tree etc but no joy, any ideas where i can get one? All help greatly appreciated!

Heres a pic

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

You know those shops where they sell just cards, gifts etc I cannot think of the name now. They also sell those ridic overpriced grey teddy ornaments. There is one on the top floor of the squre in tallaght if nyone knows what I'm talking about? Well they usually sell them. LOL how helpful have I been :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭kevthecelt

Unfortunately i need it by saturday evening, so i cant buy it online : /

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

kevthecelt wrote: »
    Unfortunately i need it by saturday evening, so i cant buy it online : /

doh

right check out this thread on boards it lists places you can get them

boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

You know those shops where they sell just cards, gifts etc I cannot think of the name now. They also sell those ridic overpriced grey teddy ornaments. There is one on the top floor of the squre in tallaght if nyone knows what I'm talking about? Well they usually sell them. LOL how helpful have I been :rolleyes:

Think the shop you're thinking of is inspiring ideas. They so yankee candles and theres one in the stephens green shopping centre and blanchardstown as far as i know.
    Op, you should ring and ask if they have some before goin out.
    Also, if it doesn't specifically have to be a yankee candle, pier do fab candles available in debenhams, which incidentally, may also stock yankees!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

Eason's on O' Connell street, the middle floor with the "More Than Words" card and gift shop does them I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I know the home store in airside retail park have loads of different kinds. over priced in my opinion, the colonial ones smell nicer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Eason's in Dundrum, saw them there only an hour ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Easons, Hallmark Cards shops, Gift shops, pharmacies (the one in Deansgrange used to do them when I lived there), knick-nack-y places, if you're in a hurry try goldenpages.ie and ring shops rather than wasting your time wandering around. If you look at stationery/gift places, lots will have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭kevthecelt

Thanks for all the replies ladies, MUCH appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

There's a stand full of them in Dunne's supermarket in the Pavillions, Swords. So they're probably in other branches too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

There's a Yankee Candle store in Galway.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Arnnotts or home store and more

So Kev, did it work? Did you find the right one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

I know its an old thread but I've heard that a Yankee Candle store is opening in June on Grafton st. somewhere near where Lush is and where american aparrel are opening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

clerys sell em in the gift dept and homestores sell em too!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Home Store and More

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Arnotts have a massive selection of them, and there's a sale (1/2 price) on the 10oz ones (a slightly smaller size than the medium jars). I've also seen them in Clery's & Easons (O'Connell Street). I think they're pretty much everywhere these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Guys, this thread is two months old... the OP needed it for Valentine's Day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

valentine's day last year, actually...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Xiney wrote: »
    valentine's day last year, actually...

Wow, I missed that! Total zombie thread then.

Banana nut bread sounds like yummy smell. I havent seen that one.

My favorite is christmas cookie.

Shaws have a special on them at the moment too.

I love the lilac one. I like the scent of lilac - like Sure Nutritive. Man, I love the smell of that deo. I'd wear it in perfume form if I could get my hands on it. Mmhm, armpits!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Blueberry Scone scent - OMFG

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Anything is worth opening to try expunge the horrendous smell of Lush.. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

I could eat the Crème Brûlée candle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

shellyboo wrote: »
    Guys, this thread is two months old... the OP needed it for Valentine's Day.

jus trying to be helpful - u never know, OP might be still lookin;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Hallmark. Overpriced though. Best bet is Homestore and More beside the Burger King and B&Q.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 Ooulaa

great selection and very reasonable

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Most blatant shill attempt ever.

Thread locked. Ooulaa banned.

Maple.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement