Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bomb threat tescos/ leaky gas alert yesterday?

• 08-02-2008 12:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

my parents were telling me their were in the tescos by ardkeen when over the PA system they announced all customers and staff leave the building right away. Orderly wasnt the word , people were running outta the place in panic. The police and fire dept came up later. Next was closed off too, anyone hear of this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

I was in the are aby the Credit Union yesterday evening and it was chaos. cars were trying to get into & outof Tesco carpark but it was closed off, meanwhile cars were comming out of Ardkeen village, he road by WLR/credit union/DID and all were going nowhere fast. total gridlock ensued

they should have had people out on the ORR informing them that TESCO was closed and to continue on instead of to make their way in and only telling them once they got to the entrance to the car park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Jebsus, nice to know they would inform the people living around the area, NOT!!!

I was in Ardkeen Village very close to Tesco and we were not informed about any such threat at all. That is increadibly dissappointing.

I heard sirens etc, but thought nothing of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

the situation in tescos happened to be a split gas pipe due to the construction of the new extension, the situation was quickly dealt with by the fire brigade so prob no need to alarm the surrounding communities. thankfully everyone was evacuated from the store in under three minutes. well done tesco!

Advertisement