Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Welcome back Clare Tomlinson!

• 08-02-2008 12:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

...She's back on Sky, presenting on Sky Sports News right now.
    I haven't seen her in months...apparently she was on leave battling depression and we all know about the infamous Stephen Bywater 'C...U...N...T'...incident.

Great to see her back I really missed her:o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

Nunu wrote: »
    and we all know about the infamous Stephen Bywater 'C...U...N...T'...incident.

eh....... what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

event wrote: »
    eh....... what?

He said the word live on Goals on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Is she Ricky's daughter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

monkey9 wrote: »
    He said the word live on Goals on Sunday.

not quite...he spelt out the word and loads of viewers had a hissy fit:rolleyes:

Tomlinson got carpeted from her employers for not apologising on air and hasn't been seen on our screens...until now:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Bywater must have been describing himself. I was wondering why Claire wasn't on Sky in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

All they need now is to bring back Rodney Marsh to and the world is a better place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

She is a terriblke presenter on Goals On Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    She is a terriblke presenter on Goals On Sunday.

hopefully whoever is writing her auto-cue can spell.....maybe thats where bywater is working now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭denashpot

not quite...he spelt out the word and loads of viewers had a hissy fit:rolleyes:

Tomlinson got carpeted from her employers for not apologising on air and hasn't been seen on our screens...until now:)

thank god shes gone. she was shocking on goals on sunday. dont watch it anymore because of her. women and soccer dont go well together.

event wrote: »
    eh....... what?

heres the 'C...U...N...T' saying it. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypGx4dj_C_M

his some idiot!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

denashpot wrote: »

his some idiot!

Fairly tame tbh, now if he had called her that to her face out of spite it would be entertaining.....

Fairly tame tbh, now if he had called her that to her face out of spite it would be entertaining.....

true, i would pay to watch it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

It didn't really seem that bad watching it...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I can remember watching that, he was talking about Les Sealey and why he wears the number he does. Didnt even notice it at the time, amazing how nothing happened Kammy.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Haha... Loved how Kamara looked at the camera after he said it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

thank god shes gone. she was shocking on goals on sunday. dont watch it anymore because of her. women and soccer dont go well together.

Gabby Logan excluded obviously. Mmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

In fairness Sky did come out after and say her absense had absolutely nothing to do whatsoever with the Bywater incident, that she had personal problems she needed to take time off work for and that she would always have a job there when she was ready to return. This is backed up by nothing happening to Kammy despite him not saying anything either.
    Stress takes its toll on Tomlinson
    Clare Tomlinson, one of the most prominent women football broadcasters, has become the lastest casualty of the Stephen Bywater C-word incident on Sky Sports.

Tomlinson, who was scheduled to present last night's England Under 21 match against Montenegro at Leicester, has been signed off work on medical grounds for an expected two months due to stress and depression.

Sky Sports have made it clear that Tomlinson had not been sacked or disciplined for her part in the Bywater fiasco, but her illness follows the turmoil surrounding Sky's major inquest into the Goals on Sunday programme when the Derby goalkeeper's obscenity occurred.

Tomlinson was hosting the Sunday review of the Premiership action with Chris Kamara when guest Bywater's C-word was allowed to pass without comment or any apology, one which was finally given to viewers the following week.

The fall-out that ensued saw Tomlinson having to cancel a trip to watch Spurs in Cyprus to attend a meeting with head of sport Vic Wakeling.

Afterwards, however, it seemed that the Goals on Sunday producer Nigel Dean, who has been switched to Football First, would be made the scapegoat.

But Tomlinson's resulting health problems now make it doubtful whether she will return to her high-profile football role at Sky. Paul Boardman, son of comedian Stan, will temporarily be taking over Tomlinson's Goals on Sunday role.

Thats just an article from around the time that was in the Daily Mail

<edit> Dubit10 if you watch any amount of Skysports you've seen or heard her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

Never heard of her tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

his some idiot!

I didn't realised he spelt it out loud. Heh.

Why didn't Richard Keys have to apologise for this then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOadc0-85IE

Hate that gimp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

Keys is gay.That is all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

Unearthly wrote: »
    All they need now is to bring back Rodney Marsh to and the world is a better place

I really enjoyed watching Soccer saturday when he was there. I remember Frank Mclintock made racisit comment a few weeks after and there was no apology.

Rodney Marsh was great on You're on Sky Sports. Anyone remember the gong? :D

I remember there was one caller who hadn't a clue what they were on about so Rodney hit the gong and goes, "I'm sorry but I'm going to have to cut you off because you're talking bollocks." Legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

I thought the story with Tomlinson was that she had a nervous breakdown....but yo wouldn't want to believe anything you read on that interweb thingy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Rodney Marsh was great on You're on Sky Sports. Anyone remember the gong? :D

I remember there was one caller who hadn't a clue what they were on about so Rodney hit the gong and goes, "I'm sorry but I'm going to have to cut you off because you're talking bollocks." Legend.
    That was brilliant, Your on Sky Sports was such an entertaining show with Rob McCaffrey and Rodney and the gong of course! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Pics or I don't believe she's back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Great to see her back I really missed her:o

She's a Spurs season ticket holder, I've met/stalked her at a few games.

She gives me the horn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

madds wrote: »
    I thought the story with Tomlinson was that she had a nervous breakdown....but yo wouldn't want to believe anything you read on that interweb thingy!

I'm told she got serious grief for the C U N T incident from management (much more than Kamara). She claimed she was stressed, so Sky insisted she check herself into whatever clinic she was in to sort herself out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The world has gone pc mad.
    Sky really are ridiculous .Completely over the top reaction to everything.
    They charge over the top for Sky Sports then feed you a propaganda,biased,sterile censored product.
    How long would Dunphy last with them ,with the rants he spews out ?
    In all honesty its a refreshment from the robots on tv these days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement