Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless Controller

• 08-02-2008 12:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭

I'm pretty sure the answer to this is no but I hope to be corrected.

Is there a way to see how much power is left in the batteries in the controller, like with the Wii controller you press the home button and the PS3 you press the PS button.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yes, if you press the "Guide" button, at the very top there is a battery icon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

koneko wrote: »
    Yes, if you press the "Guide" button, at the very top there is a battery icon.

Cheers Koneko, in work at the minute, will check later, don't recall seeing the "guide" button, must look closer.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

That little icon in the top corner is at least slightly better at indicating the battery level than the flashing of the ring of light on the controller is as mine seems to just start flashing at random points when the battery is still fully charged. If you have the wireless headset then the battery indication for that is also shown at the top of that left slide in guid panel as well.

Np!
    Microsoft call it the "Guide" button, but basically it's the silvery one with the X on it (middle of the controller). When you press that you get a handy menu where you can access your friends list, personal settings, that sort of thing. On the top left there should be a battery icon.

You can access that menu even when you're in games, so other than checking your battery level you can start a chat with a friend, or send messages, lots of things like that. Very handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

Checked it at lunch, light is flasing on the controller but the battery shows as full which is odd as I have it since Christmas and play about an hour a day. Must have some sort of super strength batteries:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Get the play and charge kit if you don't have that already, it's well worth it. I don't use standard batteries in mine (just the rechargeable one) but I've found the battery does last a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I find that battery icon to be insanely unreliable, don't trust it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Checked it at lunch, light is flasing on the controller but the battery shows as full which is odd

the lights also flash if a friend comes online , you get a message or a game invite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Jay P wrote: »
    I find that battery icon to be insanely unreliable, don't trust it

Agreed. It really doesn't make sense.

Advertisement