Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mudguards on a 700 by 35 c hybrid

Options
  • 08-02-2008 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

quick question, guy next to me this morning had sks race blade mudguards on his bike and they looked really good (light etc). Anyone any experience with them, especially with a 35 c tire. I have a mountain bike style rear mudguard but because it doesn't cover enough of the tire a lot of the back of the bike is getting covered in crud

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Race blades are OK if your frame doesn't have eyelets for full-length mudguards. They provide some coverage but you still get a bit splashed. The largest size is for 700x32 but you might get away with it.

You're better off using full length mudguards if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

You do indeed get a bit splashed with Race Blades - generally around your shoes and the lower end of your breeches. They also leave your chainring and chainstays a bit manky. That said, they are much better than "crud catchers" or similar i.e. the mudguards that attach to your seatpost.
    Morgan wrote: »
    Race blades are OK if your frame doesn't have eyelets for full-length mudguards. They provide some coverage but you still get a bit splashed. The largest size is for 700x32 but you might get away with it.

You're better off using full length mudguards if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I have 'em, and never use 'em to be honest... maybe I'm doing something wrong, but they always either hit off my tyres, or are so far away they do no good at all... they're so bad for me that I just put up with getting dirty these days!

*if anyone has a good way to stop the above from happening, please tell me as I don't like the muck :)

Advertisement