Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dogs muck in garden

Options
  • 08-02-2008 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Is there any way to prevent dogs from entering a garden? Anything they do not like but won't harm them?

Neighours dogs are ******** all over garden. Do not want to harm them at all and the owner should keep them in but fed up of stepping in dog muck

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Annika30

Surely 'The Incredible Hulk' would be able to sort this situation out himself without asking for advice:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭IncredibleHulk

Annika30 wrote: »
    Surely 'The Incredible Hulk' would be able to sort this situation out himself without asking for advice:D:D:D

Yeah and if he did he would be lambasted for being cruel:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

Stick a copy of the Control of Dogs Act in their letterbox.
    No seriously it is against the law and downright silly to let dogs out like that. Have a word with them but if for any reason you can't / don't want to you could have a word with the local warden and get him / her to call out to chat to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

Can you speak to your neighbours about keeping them under control? Or the local dog warden?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭RobbieMc

I've used a product called "stay off" in the past. It's pepper based and causes the dogs to sneeze. Harmless,
    Other ideas I've heard of but not tried, "mark" the area yourself :eek:

No only joking,

Stay off works,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A private request to the dog warden will 100% guarantee that the dogs are kept under control on their own property. The Warden keeps it confidential and will pursue the matter if they don't conform. The deterrant sprays etc do not work long term - I tried them all a few years back.

RobbieMc wrote: »
    I've used a product called "stay off" in the past.
    Would I have to put stay off all around the garden, big garden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

Would I have to put stay off all around the garden, big garden

Yes you would and you'd also have to reapply it after every downpour, could work out very, very expensive:eek:

And it doesn't work all that well anyway;)

Arcadian wrote: »
    Yes you would and you'd also have to reapply it after every downpour, could work out very, very expensive:eek:

And it doesn't work all that well anyway;)

Ok thanks have called the warden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Is there any way to prevent dogs from entering a garden? Anything they do not like but won't harm them?

Neighours dogs are ******** all over garden. Do not want to harm them at all and the owner should keep them in but fed up of stepping in dog muck
    use your rage turn green show em your roar that might frighten the sh// out of them lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement