Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Importing 05 Navara

Options
  • 08-02-2008 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

I've been saving my hard earned for a while now and want to buy a Nissan Navara. The prices here are out of my reach but looking through autotrader in the uk shows that I could get one and import it for a good bit less than they are selling for here even when I pay the 3.5k vrt. (ouch).
    I've been reading through the posts and want to clarify some stuff.
    1. I'm not vat registered so is my best option to look for private sales with "no vat" ?

2. I presume I wont have to pay vat in Ireland as the vehicle is more than 6 mnts old.

3. Who should I get to inspect the vehicle. Dont want to buy something stolen as i've read about in the papers. AA or Rac??? and what guarantees would they give?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭amerden

You could try this company, www.ukcars.ie just tell them what you want and they do the rest. A friend of mine used them recently and he's over the moon, he didn't have to lift a finger, even knew the UK vehicle registration number before he got the car and its all guaranteed, going to buy from them when I change my car in April

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If it is a commercial vrt is 50 euro.
    There also needs to be more then 6000miles on the clock.

It is so much cheaper buying cars from the UK then here,it sucks:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Its only a commercial if its the Navara KINGCAB.
    The crewcab to the best of my knowledge does not qualify for €50 vrt.

Advertisement