Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Victoria Jackson

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jbl123

The claim the rep made that VJ owns Sephora is very funny. Sephora is owned by LVMH, a huge French conglommerate. LVMH owns louis vuitton, Moet, Hennessy, Marc Jacobs, DKNY, Givenchy etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

lollypop1 wrote: »
    if people bothered to check out victoria jackson they would know that she is a make up artist who has worked for people magazine and feliciy hoffman from desperate housewives. it is a really good product. i have met some people who actually saw her products for sale in the us. it is also a fact that she outsells mac three to one in america!!!take that make up snobs.IE THOOSE WHO ONLY USE MAC AND GET RIPPED OFF. when you buy products from mac you are really paying for the cost of advertising but i guess it works cause they buy it. suckers!!!. glad you liked the make up though!!:pac:

If YOU bothered to check out Victoria Jackson or just GOOGLE the name, you'd get thousands of results about the SNL actress that has nothing to do with the cosmetics, a couple of pages slamming the cosmetics, and one stubby wiki article that doesn't even seem to be indexed by Google. That's it.

Her stuff is for sale in the USA... in crappy supermarkets and Costco/bulk type places.

It's nothing but a scam, and we are definitely not the suckers, and I would LOVE to see sources for your so called 'facts'.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

lollypop1, i don't give a hoot who Victoria Jackson is, or who she's worked for, or even if the make-up were the best in the world. The fact remains that her salesperson was rude, pushy and bordered on threatening when he called to my door - would you be willing to put up with that just to get a good deal or some nice make-up? I am in no way a make-up snob, different products suit different people and i am on a budget so Mac is out of the question for me. Just because you see the stuff on sale in the US doesn't make their dodgy dealings here any better!
    E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

if people bothered to check out victoria jackson they would know that she is a make up artist who has worked for people magazine and feliciy hoffman from desperate housewives. it is a really good product. i have met some people who actually saw her products for sale in the us. it is also a fact that she outsells mac three to one in america!!!take that make up snobs.IE THOOSE WHO ONLY USE MAC AND GET RIPPED OFF. when you buy products from mac you are really paying for the cost of advertising but i guess it works cause they buy it. suckers!!!. glad you liked the make up though!!:pac:

Lollypop1 you're obviously a VJ rep.
    This company is a complete scam. They came into my work several times in the past and so far nobody's been conned into buying their c**p! They're sales reps are pushy and rude.

I'm a make up artist and I can tell you they're quality is rubbish! You'd be better off buying Rimmel or any chemist make up.

It's in no way a mineral product, it's talc based-anything containing talc cannot be a mineral product! All of their products contain synthetic perfumes and chemicals so they are not hypo-allergenic.

I got told that their products were going on sale in BTs (a lie as I worked for them at the time), when I questioned the sales rep about this he told me that it's all a bit "hush hush" at the minute...then why was he telling me? I was also told that the products were on sale in Blue Eriu, also a lie. A friend of mine worked in Blue Eriu and said they had also been having problems with VJ reps and the management of Blue Eriu were unhappy with these rumours. VJ claims to be the make up artist behind Lola, whic is stocked in Blue Eriu but I doubt very much that this is true.

In fact it's true if VJ did in fact exist there would be numerous google search results about her like there is with all big make up artists with their own line for eg. Kevyn Aucoin, Francois Nars, Laura Mercier, Terry Barber etc.

As for the spiel about MAC, I'd put my life on it that VJ have never out-sold MAC. MAC are a high quality, fashion line, they lead the make up world in terms of seasonal looks and innovative products. Anyone who's buying a MAC product is buying quality and they are not over-expensive.

So everyone AVOID Victoria Jackson at all costs!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

The amount of lies used to sell this product stun me and tell you just what a terrible product is. So far I've heard these (AND seen them debunked by ex-reps and industry people on websites and blogs)

- They claim it's hypo-allergenic for sensitive skin (It's not).
    - It's mineral makeup (It's not!)
    - It's going to be stocked by Brown Thomas/other upmarket stores (Nope).
    - It's used by celebrities (HAHAHA)
    - In the USA it's a reputable, popular brand (Nope).
    - It's made in the USA (It's made in China).
    - It outsells brands like MAC (see beauty101's post above!)

If you have to tell lie after lie to sell a product, something's lacking. And the people selling it KNOW this, otherwise they wouldn't all be telling the same lies to customers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

IE THOOSE WHO ONLY USE MAC AND GET RIPPED OFF. when you buy products from mac you are really paying for the cost of advertising but i guess it works cause they buy it. suckers!!!. glad you liked the make up though!!:pac:

Mac actually advertise very little. I've only ever seen one Mac ad and that was very recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭tolteq

FunkZ wrote: »
    Ha you coulda been scammed! Google it.

*Why am I posting here...

Well I am assuming your a guy. Maybe you like fashionable women?

Well I like fashionable woman. Hi girls.

lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Pythia wrote: »
    Mac actually advertise very little. I've only ever seen one Mac ad and that was very recently.
    I've actually never seen a Mac ad either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭tolteq

tinkerbell wrote: »
    I've actually never seen a Mac ad either!

whaddya mean u never seen a mac add. iphone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 dusty11

i have used there products and i found them awful and cheap!!! they arent going anywhere near brown thomas i know a girl who works on the make up counter in there and its rubbish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Can't stand the hard sell, wouldn't even look at the products due to this. Used to work in a nursing home where the rep would come in and target anyone in the vicinity including patients with alzheimers and get snooty when they obviously weren't interested.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭gaeilge-abú

yep,same happened to me last summer!was on henry st. and two girls came up and started sh!te talkin about who wears it and that it was such a good deal and if iwas to buy it in brown thomas wen it came out that it would cost 260..still av yet to see it in brown thomas!!! bit v a scam yeah?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

hey guys
    i just started selling VJ and have found people very rude. I don't want to sell it but Its the only job I could get. I worked ten hours yesterday made a fiver!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

My friend bought some of it from 2 girls on Grafton St a few months ago. I think it's absolute sh*t! Why else would they sell it on the street?!

Novella wrote: »
    My friend bought some of it from 2 girls on Grafton St a few months ago. I think it's absolute sh*t! Why else would they sell it on the street?!
    Its alright like I have to use it myself. The lip gloss is great

• Advertisement

HouseHippo wrote: »
    hey guys
    i just started selling VJ and have found people very rude.

Having read this thread, are you surprised?!

Pythia wrote: »
    Having read this thread, are you surprised?!
    All you have to say is
    Im not interested
    People are shouting at me and all. I didn't fcuking make Vj. Me and my bf worked in the same place, it wnet into liquidation. We both lost our jobs after signing a years lease. This was the only job I could get.
    I barely get paid most of the time. I'm on my feet all day carrying a massive bag full of stuff for more than 10 hrs, The I get shouted at when I get back to the office. I don't want to do this job but I don't have a fcking choice.
    The last thing i need is arseholes verbally and in one case physically abusing me daily.
    A simple "no thanks"is all thats needed I'm not pushy at all

All you have to say is
    Im not interested
    People are shouting at me and all. I didn't fcuking make Vj. Me and my bf worked in the same place, it wnet into liquidation. We both lost our jobs after signing a years lease. This was the only job I could get.
    I barely get paid most of the time. I'm on my feet all day carrying a massive bag full of stuff for more than 10 hrs, The I get shouted at when I get back to the office. I don't want to do this job but I don't have a fcking choice.
    The last thing i need is arseholes verbally and in one case physically abusing me daily.

Well I work in town where a lot of these VJ sellers stalk their prey. You get so sick of it after the first few. I'm afraid the rest of them have ruined it for you. It's jsut like cold-calling, no one likes them either. Good luck with the job searching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

All you have to say is
    Im not interested

most of the people who do this job are really pushy though so anyone who's dealt with them have had to be aggressive to get them to go away: seriously,as i said before, you won't earn a bean with these people,the money you make wont cover the bus ticket that you need to get to work and which they won't cover.

I don't want to do this job but I don't have a fcking choice.

That says it all!

• Advertisement

most of the people who do this job are really pushy though so anyone who's dealt with them have had to be aggressive to get them to go away: seriously,as i said before, you won't earn a bean with these people,the money you make wont cover the bus ticket that you need to get to work and which they won't cover.
    you go get me another job then

you go get me another job then

There is no need to get b*tchy. This thread was originally about how the make up was a scam and was never going to be sold in Brown Thomas. You are the one who came on here and said you found people are very rude. What exactly do you expect?! Are we supposed to welcome being scammed with open arms? You even said yourself in posts that you "have to" use the make up and that you "don't have a fcking choice" about the job. EXACTLY. This whole VJ make up thing is ripping people off. Even you, who works for the company or whatever the fcuk it is, hates it so why are you on here b*itching about people being rude to you and making snide remarks like that? Surely it was to be expected.

There is no need to get b*tchy. This thread was originally about how the make up was a scam and was never going to be sold in Brown Thomas. You are the one who came on here and said you found people are very rude. What exactly do you expect?! Are we supposed to welcome being scammed with open arms? You even said yourself in posts that you "have to" use the make up and that you "don't have a fcking choice" about the job. EXACTLY. This whole VJ make up thing is ripping people off. Even you, who works for the company or whatever the fcuk it is, hates it so why are you on here b*itching about people being rude to you and making snide remarks like that? Surely it was to be expected.
    blah blah blah

blah blah blah

The very fact that you'd even bother to respond with that shows the level of your maturity. It has been clearly represented that VJ is a scam so my stance on the argument is correct, yours is wrong and yet you're the one accusing people being rude to you. After that post, all I can say is pot, kettle, black.

The very fact that you'd even bother to respond with that shows the level of your maturity. It has been clearly represented that VJ is a scam so my stance on the argument is correct, yours is wrong and yet you're the one accusing people being rude to you. After that post, all I can say is pot, kettle, black.
    Look at you getting all enraged y a stranger on the net....awh. I don't care about VJ i have much better things to worry bout like......my life :)

All you have to say is
    Im not interested

Look at you getting all "enraged" on the internet!! :p
    If you "don't care" so much, don't post on the thread! :) Thank you and goodbye :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

HouseHippo, calm down. There is no need to be rude to people. Novella, please do not respond to HouseHippo in this thread again. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 smithl3

I bought some of their stuff recently.Thers no way its ever going to be in Brown Thomas.The quality is fine(obviously not up to the same standard as the likes of mac or lancome) but for 30euro I got a bronzer,a holder (with two eyeshadow/lipgloss palettes inside),a seperate eyeshaow palette and a kabuci brush.So youre talking about 6 quid per item,the same amount youd spend on the likes of rimmel,except with far better packaging and better products.I didnt like the waffle at all(it was off-putting and a tad insulting!) but if you weigh it up and ignore the annoying sales rep,its still good value for money and makes a nice gift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Same as. Bought from them on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

You know the way on Jobs.ie there are always about 10 "graduate sales and marketing" positions, even in the current climate? That's these guys - a "company" that gives people crap to sell door to door/display on a crepe-covered table on some random street.

I got them at work and the same spiel: it's in Brown Thomas for €150 and we're selling it for €30; Victoria Jackson worked on Sex & The City and Desperate Housewives (LOL - could they not have picked less unlikely shows than two of the most highly-rated ever, e.g. Lipstick Jungle or Brothers And Sisters?!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Dudess wrote: »
    I got them at work and the same spiel: it's in Brown Thomas for €150 and we're selling it for €30; Victoria Jackson worked on Sex & The City and Desperate Housewives (LOL - could they not have picked less unlikely shows than two of the most highly-rated ever, e.g. Lipstick Jungle or Brothers And Sisters?!)

I didn't get the Brown Thomas line, something about fashion week and some fashion programme, and of course the make up artistry claims. The girl actually tried very hard to be convincing with her sales spiel and didnt do a bad job in fairness to her, and it was pissing rain the day she called to my door, but I still didn't buy it. They do the whole 'put it in the customers hands', 'show and tell' technique, but don't actually provide any tester products; which put me right off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭shivvyban

I got told it they had a shop in Dundrum when I first got some 3 years ago... No such shop! When I bought it I got loads for €20. Ah well, the make-ups grand and about the same quality as rimmel or the like (I don't spend a lot on make-up) and to get the same amount of rimmel stuff would cost more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

They're in Athlone today, if anyone's reading this. Checked it out with the fiancee's sister who is a beautician and said if my fiancee didnt like it, she'd use it either for herself or at the salon :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

They're in Athlone today, if anyone's reading this. Checked it out with the fiancee's sister who is a beautician and said if my fiancee didnt like it, she'd use it either for herself or at the salon :D
    /Makes mental note never to go to that salon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

makeup vj wrote: »
    thanks for your time, bye bye.

You're welcome.

Bye bye to you too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

These sales people came into my work place too a few years ago, I didn't buy any of it, but a one or two girls did. Said the stuff was alright, not of the standard of Mac or any other top brand make up.

In Brown Thomas 'soon' ...

Lol! I'll belive it when i see it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

This Victoria Jackson crowd were in the 'Harbour Place' shopping centre in Mullingar on Friday (yesterday) with a stall/table at the entrance to Dunnes Stores.

I was walking past the table with my grany when this girl raced over to me and started blabbering on about this 'amazing new make-up'. I told her I wasn't interested and walked off. She didn't look to impressed with me.....

There was some sign stuck to the front of the table/stall about €30, but I don't know excatly what it said as I was walking quickly.

There weren't many customer's at the stall though (unless they were there earlier in the day, but I wasn't there then, so I don't know for sure...) and to be honest, reaidng this thread, I am not suprised there weren't many customer's there....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

This Victoria Jackson crowd were in the 'Harbour Place' shopping centre in Mullingar on Friday (yesterday) with a stall/table at the entrance to Dunnes Stores.

I was walking past the table with my grany when this girl raced over to me and started blabbering on about this 'amazing new make-up'. I told her I wasn't interested and walked off. She didn't look to impressed with me.....

There was some sign stuck to the front of the table/stall about €30, but I don't know excatly what it said as I was walking quickly.

There weren't many customer's at the stall though (unless they were there earlier in the day, but I wasn't there then, so I don't know for sure...) and to be honest, reaidng this thread, I am not suprised there weren't many customer's there....

Yeah I seen this, can't believe the shopping mall are letting them sell in there! The products are awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

I wad sitting in the car one day waiting for the rain to stop & a guy comes up to the window (in the pouring rain!) trying to sell me the products. I said I wasn't interested and he kept saying "but it's going to be in brown Thomas soon!" asif that was going to change my mind. The products are cheaply made and not worth a euro each let alone €30 for a few items.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

They have a wee stand up in the Omniplex in Santry now too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Ciaraallen

Yeah they are really dodgy
    they work with a dodgy "marketing company" based on Capel St
    They hire people saying they will get to help develop and market a new cosmetics brand(Victoria Jackson aint new)
    They then make people go around door to door selling

They will never be in BT's.lucky if they ever got into boots to be honest

Caveat Emptor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Cork Chef

Hiya its actually lola cosmetsics in the states

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Cork Chef

vibrant wrote: »
    This thread is very interesting. They came into my job and a few of my colleagues bought the kits, with mixed reviews afterwards. Would one of the other companies that you mentioned by any chance have something to do with the lads in suits carrying suitcases of perfume? I have been stopped on the street several times by these guys, giving me the full sales pitch spiel. If you have the chance please let us know the names of the other companies that they own, so we can boycott all of 'em :D

I think that a newspaper would be interested in this story - a rip off product/shady company/treating employees badly. Just a thought.

Onyx in Dublin and pmd in cork there in lim and waterford too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Just came across this thread, weird cause I worked with the marketing company who sell this make up for one day. Didn't go back the next day cause not only is it a ridiculously hard job but I felt bad lying about the make up. Was told to tell people I was wearing it (I wear Lancome) and had to lie about who VJ was and how the make up was going to be coming out etc. I have a sales job currently but it's nothing like the VJ sell, scare mongering customers is so not the way to go.

On top of that the job is 7am - 7pm, you've to drive to wherever the "boss" says to drive to (I live in Cork and was told I'd to go to Limerick), you've to use your own car and your own petrol, if someone new starts you've to pay for their lunch. Then you've to set up your stall somewhere and stand there all day trying to draw in customers or you've to go door to door.

Dunno how they stick it but I definately couldn't. Doing it for the day however made me learn to be a bit more polite to them (people selling on the street in general) and listen to what they have to say as it could be their only conversation for the whole day! And then I just say I'm not interested politely and haven't had a bad experience yet.

If you come across it, I wouldn't buy it. That's my opinion anyway and it's from experience of selling for them (for one day - please don't kill me!! :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 cazzywazzy

hi guys

bought this today and after doing internet searches really wish i hadnt. wat conartists!!!

has anyone tried to get refunds or know how to go about it?? i havent opened any of the packaging in the hope i can get my money back...i know highly unlikely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

They had a tiny stand at the Woman's World Show in the RDS a few weeks back, two women frantically chasing everyone who walked past, overheard the same spiel out of them, brown thomas etc!
    Banner across the top of the stand "Brand New to the UK"
    Firstly dearies, your not in the UK, and secondly you've been scamming us for years, so its hardly "new"!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kautothestar

I unfortunately worked for these guys a few years back....total sham of a job but I made enough to live on. Being a bloke I know not the first thing about the makeup and I certainly wouldn't vouch for its quality but a lot of people were regular customers as such so it can't be all that bad surely???

Anyway, the companies responsible for selling the stuff are awful sweat shops to work for and treat their staff abysmally - thankfully I got another job after a month or so.

Funnily enough, was flicking through my girlfriends Stellar magazine last week and lo and behold under the "hottest irish bachelor" competition they are running I saw my old boss there!! Couldn't tell if his portrait was embellished with Victoria Jackson makeup or not!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭girl24

They are back! A girl just called to my office.She claimed it was mineral make up, I said I have sensitive skin and only use products I know and had never her of this brand. She seemed so nice and genuine, just goes to show you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kautothestar

girl24 wrote: »
    They are back! A girl just called to my office.She claimed it was mineral make up, I said I have sensitive skin and only use products I know and had never her of this brand. She seemed so nice and genuine, just goes to show you!

Girl24 - most of them are pretty decent people but the lengths people will go to make a sale are staggering!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

God, I remember the day they came into the place I was working. I was carrying a few hot plates and it was really busy and they insisted on following me around while I was serving people. Their gait came across as so aggressive, there was one girl standing in front with two girls behind her like some sort of power triangle and they were basically telling me I could look good if I bought their products:rolleyes:

Same spiel about it being made by the same company as MAC and will soon be in BT but was mine today for a fraction of the cost, blah blah blah. My boss bought us all a set that they were selling, pity about the **** quality. Never used it because I was afraid what it'd do to my unruly skin.

But yeah, total scam. The they go out of business the better. Obviously not for the poor sellers but for everyone else.

• Advertisement
Advertisement