Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Victoria Jackson

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MBW

Hi guys, I bought a load of Victoria Jackson make up for 50euro in Debenhams, Mahon Point, Cork yesterday. They had a stand set up there. Well, when I say that I bought lots for 50euro, she explained that I was only paying for 2 items and all the rest of the stuff was for free, brushes, bronzer, 4 little lip glosses, make up travel bag, blotting papers. I didn't know anything about the brand but thought if they are allowed sell it in Debenhams that, that would be an endorsement of the brand and the products? It does say on the bottom of my receipt that I have 28 days for a refund so if I do decide to return the products I'm hoping they will honour that. I had to go to the Debenhams tills to make the purchase, I didn't hand over any money to the VJ salesperson. Now, after reading all the different opinions on the quality of the make up I'm sort of curious to open it and try it out for myself! Oh, what to do, I'll be kicking myself if I think it's crap and after wasting 50euro, and happy if I think it's ok.:confused:
    Did anyone else purchase it in Debenhams recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Allure_

To be honest the eyeshadows aren't that bad. I got a mini pallett with a few eyeshadows and a gel/cream liner (****!) . My mam got roped into buying there stuff . Came across a good few video reviews on youtube though one girl had amazing make up on and she used victoria jackson. The best way to see if a brand or certain product is worth buying is to watch youtube videos .

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Changel

got a lip compact from them about 2 years ago I think, and the pigmentation is actually quite good. But that's just for the lipstick anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

kautothestar....snap! my old boss too...we were prob in the same office...i worked as reception for about a month or so when they had only set up...my heart used to go out to the salespeople, because I knew everything that was going on behind the scenes (i.e them tellin you you're so so lucky to have been picked, despite the fact they dont even read your c.v)and the sales people really had no idea what they were getting themselves into...

Had a good laugh at stellar last month though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

They have a stand now in Debenhams in Henry Street Dublin :rolleyes: Only for reading this thread ages ago I could have been snaffled. Same thing, 50E and you get rest of the products and brushes for free. Thought the brushes and a lot of the makeup looked dreadfully cheap though. Girl was actually friendly although she had this thing going where she got me to hold the stuff as she described it, trying to tempt me or something. And she was plugging it that bit too much and too cheerfully, didn't believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ZoZo

Just had a lovely bubbly sales girl at my door this eveningwith a lovely bag of Victoria Jackson goodies all for free when I buy one of the compact thingys for €35. Score! I thought, since I am low on make up at the moment and also very low on funds. Only had €10 cash on me so couldn't buy it.... I was sad. But the lovely happy smiley girl told me I could pay by laser. I'd never give my card details to anybody calling to the door so she said she has to call back to 2 houses in the estate tomorrow. Great! I thought, I'll have €35 ready for her tomorrow evening when she calls back.
    She told me she worked for D7 marketing, so decided to google them and found a lot of things on them and Victoria Jackson. So glad I found this thread too, I'm not one to fall for a scam, and thank god I won't this time.
    Guess I'll have to make myself scarce tomorrow evening,! Think I'll take my €35 to Boots!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭MILF

I sell Avon! Buy from them ;) WAY more affordable than that shower of idiots!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

She said she'd take laser?? Some randomer at the door like? :pac: Cheek of them, there must be a lot of stupid people around if they've gotten away with that before!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

I was in Westfield in Shepherds Bush London last week and bought the Survival Kit for £25 rrp £65 I think it's brill I do a lot of travelling and don't check in luggage so the fact I can put all my make up (under 100ml) in the plastic bag through security is great. I also got freebies with the survival kit - a 3 lipglosses, 3 eye shimmer pencils and a mini eye shadow/lipstick palette and mirror for the handbag. I love the kit very dinky how all the makeup is so compact. The rep said they were going to Belfast next month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭MiniSquish

I used to work for a company that was marketing Victoria Jackson (as in I used to be the door to door sales person). It was the worst job ever! Aside from that though their stuff is actually ok although I prefer my MAC. We never used to accept laser door to door and cheques were the only thing valid apart from cash. The reason they hand the stuff to you is part of a sales pitch- if you have it in your hands it feels like you already own it and will be harder to give it back. Also when I was working for them we spouted the whole "coming to Brown Thomas" thing and that was over two years ago. It is very popular in America but I can't see it being sold in a range of places over here any time soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭MiniSquish

Also everything about the working conditions is totally true. On my first training day they took me to Castlebar without warning me that we would be leaving the town and I had no money or an umbrella on me because I thought it would only be a few hours indoors.

Aswell as getting paid only 7 euro per pack sold and not getting paid anything at all if you don't sell any they expect you to pay for the persons petrol that drove you to the days destination.

I used to have to be in at ten for the team talk and motivational speeches, then you'd leave at twelve for your destination, get back at around 7 and you'd only get to go home at around nine. One day I was late by ten minutes and they sent me home for the day- for not being committed, even though I wasn't getting paid for the hard slog of a day.

New people are also only given about 7 packs a day to sell so even if you sold all 7 thats still only 50 euro for an eleven hour day! It was a joke of a job, I walked out mid "shift" one day. Was selling door to door and just decided "**** this" and rang a taxi and went home.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 louiseamd

The Victoria Jackson make-up is nver going to be available to but in Ireland, that is why those people are going around residential areas and businesses etc, to promote the product and give it to people for 35 euro.

ZoZo wrote: »
    Just had a lovely bubbly sales girl at my door this eveningwith a lovely bag of Victoria Jackson goodies all for free when I buy one of the compact thingys for €35. Score! I thought, since I am low on make up at the moment and also very low on funds. Only had €10 cash on me so couldn't buy it.... I was sad. But the lovely happy smiley girl told me I could pay by laser. I'd never give my card details to anybody calling to the door so she said she has to call back to 2 houses in the estate tomorrow. Great! I thought, I'll have €35 ready for her tomorrow evening when she calls back.
    She told me she worked for D7 marketing, so decided to google them and found a lot of things on them and Victoria Jackson. So glad I found this thread too, I'm not one to fall for a scam, and thank god I won't this time.
    Guess I'll have to make myself scarce tomorrow evening,! Think I'll take my €35 to Boots!
    GoodWoman!!!:)

Me to you wrote: »
    A girl came into our work place bout 2 years ago at this stage selling it and it was going to be in brown thomas that summer...

I tested the golden shimmer on my hand and i broke out in hives and a rash all on my hand, had to get a steriod injection off the doc, granted i have very sensitive skin but i dunno....

Poor thing!!
    A girl came to my door last week and she said that all of the VJ products were hypoallergenic!!!! I'll know better in future! Did you report it??

MiniSquish wrote: »
    I used to work for a company that was marketing Victoria Jackson (as in I used to be the door to door sales person). It was the worst job ever! Aside from that though their stuff is actually ok although I prefer my MAC. We never used to accept laser door to door and cheques were the only thing valid apart from cash. The reason they hand the stuff to you is part of a sales pitch- if you have it in your hands it feels like you already own it and will be harder to give it back. Also when I was working for them we spouted the whole "coming to Brown Thomas" thing and that was over two years ago. It is very popular in America but I can't see it being sold in a range of places over here any time soon.

She is never ever coming to Dublin!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Had them come into the café I was working in a few years back. Did they really think they were gonna get a good reception off of two girls in the middle of the Saturday morning breakfast rush who smelled like fry up??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

It's ridiculous.... they've been doing the whole "she did the make up on desperate housewives!" for ages.... just cause she did it doesn't mean her make up is any good.

cazzywazzy wrote: »
    hi guys

bought this today and after doing internet searches really wish i hadnt. wat conartists!!!

has anyone tried to get refunds or know how to go about it?? i havent opened any of the packaging in the hope i can get my money back...i know highly unlikely!

The make-up should come with a 28-day-money-back-gurantee and if the set you bought is still in its packaging, you should bhave no problem returning it. Just call the number on the recepit that the sales person gave you as that is the number of the company and they should give you your money back. Hope this was of help.

missmatty wrote: »
    They have a stand now in Debenhams in Henry Street Dublin :rolleyes: Only for reading this thread ages ago I could have been snaffled. Same thing, 50E and you get rest of the products and brushes for free. Thought the brushes and a lot of the makeup looked dreadfully cheap though. Girl was actually friendly although she had this thing going where she got me to hold the stuff as she described it, trying to tempt me or something. And she was plugging it that bit too much and too cheerfully, didn't believe it.

Yeah they put it into your hand as the are descrbing it to create the idea that it is yours and then they'll take it back off you to put the fear of loss on your head!!! It's all psychology, they tell you that you're saving a fortune but A baragin is only a bargain if you need it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭saraocallaghan

I have to say my mam bought me this a year or so ago and I absolutely ADORE their eyeshadows. My mam bought me the sunset and sunrise pallets and their brozner and they are fab. Last for ages and fantastic colours. I wore one of the eyeshadows to my cousin's wedding and it lasted the whole day and night and I got nothing but compliements :)

In regards to working conditions, door to door selling and the like is very hard work and is usually comission based. To think that it isnt is very naive.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Dalkeybabe

Hi
    One of their reps just came to my door saying he only had 2 sets left as my neighbours cleared him out. Handed me one after another said they were free but catch was you bought 1 & got 3 free & sold them to my neighbours for 40 but if I didn't let on I would get it for 35. Said they were launching in BT's & like Mac make-up. When I read all the above I googled them & lo they are real: http://www.vmakeup.com/
    I was more than surprised considering what I'd read above.
    Great to get a bargain though : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Dalkeybabe wrote: »
    Hi
    One of their reps just came to my door saying he only had 2 sets left as my neighbours cleared him out. Handed me one after another said they were free but catch was you bought 1 & got 3 free & sold them to my neighbours for 40 but if I didn't let on I would get it for 35. Said they were launching in BT's & like Mac make-up. When I read all the above I googled them & lo they are real: http://www.vmakeup.com/
    They've been saying that for years, it's clearly a lie tbh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Dalkeybabe wrote: »
    Hi

3 free??
    So you get 4 for €35 :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

They just came into my shop in Dundalk. I bought a little bag with three things in it for the OH.

I bought it for two reasons;

The OH was telling me she needed new makeup, and its three different sets in a handy wee bag. Loads of mirrors, seemed like her kinda colours too. The only thing is that there is lipstick also, but she doesn't wear that.

Also - the sales rep looked so exhausted from selling all day I felt slightly sorry for her!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

I just bought some. Feel terribly scammed :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I wouldn't necessarily call it a scam, they lie about the product but most door to door sales people do that.

They offer the product for a price and then it's up to you whether you want to buy it or not.

They really shouldn't lie about how amazing the product is but they're hardly going to say it's crap now are they? We have the internet and IMO you should research everything before you buy!

I bought some years ago and never used any of it except a bronzer I got which I LOOOOVED, I saw them at a stand last year and asked them would they sell me the bronzer seperately but they wouldn't :mad:

It's the bronzer with the brush attached, there's a Lancome one which doesn't even compare to how fab the VJ was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Tayla wrote: »
    I wouldn't necessarily call it a scam, they lie about the product but most door to door sales people do that.

They offer the product for a price and then it's up to you whether you want to buy it or not.

They really shouldn't lie about how amazing the product is but they're hardly going to say it's crap now are they? We have the internet and IMO you should research everything before you buy!

I bought some years ago and never used any of it except a bronzer I got which I LOOOOVED, I saw them at a stand last year and asked them would they sell me the bronzer seperately but they wouldn't :mad:

It's the bronzer with the brush attached, there's a Lancome one which doesn't even compare to how fab the VJ was.

Me having the internet does not mean people should be allowed scam others out of money. Especially considering it's door to door sales, you're hardly going to say "Ah yeah, hold on a minute while I Google ye there".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Resi12 wrote: »
    Me having the internet does not mean people should be allowed scam others out of money. Especially considering it's door to door sales, you're hardly going to say "Ah yeah, hold on a minute while I Google ye there".

I don't think people were scammed out of money to be honest. They chose to buy the product after seeing it in the flesh.

All sales people are the same and for some reason they are allowed to lie or bend the truth and get away with it but people should really take claims like that with a pinch of salt.

Ciaraallen wrote: »
    Yeah they are really dodgy
    they work with a dodgy "marketing company" based on Capel St
    They hire people saying they will get to help develop and market a new cosmetics brand(Victoria Jackson aint new)
    They then make people go around door to door selling

They will never be in BT's.lucky if they ever got into boots to be honest

Caveat Emptor

I was unlucky to fall victim to that rogue marketing company in Capel Street. Impala Direct/D7 Marketing, they trade under, both names are interchangable. I was given the big spiel when I began working there about how great the product was and how VJ has plans to extend to Brown Thomas and Debenhams. One day when I was out selling in a resedential area, I was talking to a woman and told her about VJ's plans to extend and had the head eaten off me by the girl from my boss who said that she was never going to extend. They all seem to make it up as they go along and cover up a vital amount of information for a body who always makes out that they have all of the answers. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Laydee

My brother used to work there & I got loads of VJ for free, it's all still in it's packaging! I wasn't impressed with it when I was looking at what he gave my mother so never opened mine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭yoyo83

i bought stuff their for 35 euro really good now

Advertisement