Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To the IT guys - Sun Microsystems Posters in Kevin Srt - Anyone know anything?

Options
  • 08-02-2008 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

To the IT guys - Sun Microsystems Posters in Kevin Srt - Anyone know anything?

Link:

http://uk.sun.com/servicessolutions/industries/education/sai/

There are a few posters around Kevin Street about this website. anyone knwo anything?

I'm interested in taking a few of those web based java courses. It doesn't have DIT listed as a recognized school, but then why would we have the posters up if we weren't part of the programme?

If you know anything, please share :)

- Ciaran

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i'm not sure of the specifics on this but i do know they're running ads for it on the radio so i would imagine it's open to everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

It's odd, I've been reading the site, and the only real option is to register your company/university as a Sun Academic Institute. Nothing for the individual.

I'm assuming I have to go through DIT, so who should I contact? Some one in IT, or a Comp.Apps. Coordinator?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

Talk to Mark Deegan, he's a lecturer in Kevin St.

Excellent. Thanks Mr Block :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Registered for this earlier on.

Info here:

http://www.comp.dit.ie/website07/news.php?id=45

Register here:

https://suned.sun.com/APPS/SLCUS/SESWEB?processor=slc

Seems alright..I've quite a bit of sun training material, but considering this is free, then it's a great resource for people who want to get certified.

• Advertisement

Finally!!

I owe you!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Yoink!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

feylya wrote: »
    Yoink!
    ditto

cheers for the link.

No worries.

Im on the final module of the Solaris 10 intro course.And it just seems like they were really selling it to me, more than actually training me in it :P

In all fairness though, it is a decent OS.Managed to get some CBT stuff from another company, which compliments this nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Dathai wrote: »
    No worries.

Im on the final module of the Solaris 10 intro course.And it just seems like they were really selling it to me, more than actually training me in it :P

In all fairness though, it is a decent OS.Managed to get some CBT stuff from another company, which compliments this nicely.
    yeh i must do that solaris intro course, i'm using it on WP at the moment allbeit a slightly older version (solaris 8).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Soon as the exams are done, I'll stick my head into that Solaris stuff. See if I can't get work to pay :p

Think the exams are 60 quid or so for solaris.

But dunno how prepared you'd be with the stuff on the site, but havent gotten into the full training yet. Nice of them though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭iUseVi

Dathai wrote: »
    No worries.

Indeed, the whole thing stinks of an advertising ploy! The courses could turn out to be very useful though, some interesting ones further down the lists; a module on dtrace, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Link seems to be dead... Is the offer expired?? :(

Advertisement