Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Future of Lusk

Options
  • 08-02-2008 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭

For those of you who are from Lusk, Fingal Co Co have just published the proposed variation to the Fingal County Development Plan (2005-2011) for the town. More details here.

Summary of variations:

· Vary the zoning of a number of areas
    · Delete two of the existing Local Objectives and include eight new Local
    Objectives
    · Change the Development Boundary
    · Delete the Urban Centre Strategy/Study Area and introduce an Inner Core
    Area of Protection and an Outer Core Area of Protection
    · Propose sites for new schools
    · Propose improvements to Minister’s Road
    · Change Development Objectives within the Written Statement of the Fingal
    Development Plan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭EVGR

I would like to know what's happening with the road to the stations. Any cyclepath or improved footpath?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

EVGR wrote: »
    I would like to know what's happening with the road to the stations. Any cyclepath or improved footpath?
    Did you bother to have a read of the linked information?

The pathways the roads to the station from just east of the roundabout fall outside of the development boundary and hence the plan.

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Did you bother to have a read of the linked information?

Helpful as always
    :rolleyes:

Helpful as always
    :rolleyes:
    If you have a problem can I suggest you either bring to to feedback or report it to a mod.

Have a nice day.

Very clever! You know it’s not “illegal” to be impolite and pedantic in absurdum. It just seems to be a recurrent theme to your comments.

• Advertisement

Very clever! You know it’s not “illegal” to be impolite and pedantic in absurdum. It just seems to be a recurrent theme to your comments.

If you have a problem can I suggest you either bring to to feedback or report it to a mod.

If you want to PM me over anything feel free.

In the interests of this topic it's probably better for everyone if you use one of the above options.

Have a nice day. ;)

Bluetonic wrote: »

If you want to PM me over anything feel free.

So can you

Anyway, my original concern was regarding the road to the station. I remember on the original Local Area Plan 2005-2011, the foot and cycle path was marked along the road to the station. I understood the problem was then that a landowner didn’t want to sell land to accommodate. I believe the Council was then talking about an alternative route to the station, which would be drawn slightly north of the existing road. It would go through the land marked as G on the draft variation map, which falls just east of the ring road, but still on the new variation map. I studied the new draft variation map when it came out, and couldn’t see any mentioning of this. Therefore I would be very interested if anyone would have anymore information about this new route.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I believe the Council was then talking about an alternative route to the station, which would be drawn slightly north of the existing road
    The intention is to build a replacement of the current R128 to Rush. It will presumably have a link to the station. To upgrade the existing R128 would only lead to massive disruptions and delays for a long time hence the proposal to build a seperate road entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

The intention is to build a replacement of the current R128 to Rush. It will presumably have a link to the station. To upgrade the existing R128 would only lead to massive disruptions and delays for a long time hence the proposal to build a seperate road entirely.

None of the public representatives at the lusk community council meeting could confirm the plan to build a new road and considering there's been about a year to rebuild a footpath between the two towns... building the road would take a while alright...

• Advertisement
Advertisement