Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend Single Bet

Options
  • 08-02-2008 3:12pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭

After this post Less Singles Betting I am thinking people would like to post their best bet of the weekend strictly single's only

Spurs 4/7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

After this post Less Singles Betting I am thinking people would like to post their best bet of the weekend strictly single's only

Spurs 4/7

Sounds good...

My weekend bet would be;

Middlesbrough - 1.98 (Betfair)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

Villa at 5/6. Think they should bounce back afet last weeks loss to Fulham. Home game against Newcastle a side who've struggled with goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

63587614 wrote: »
    Villa at 5/6. Think they should bounce back afet last weeks loss to Fulham. Home game against Newcastle a side who've struggled with goals.

Villa of a kind...Roman Villa @ 12-1 @ Newbury :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

4th place Nottingham Forest take on 20th place Millwall at the City Ground. Recently signed Will Hoskins will probably start up front and Forest's two best players in my opinion (midfielders Kris Commons and Lewis McGugan) are back in the side after suspension and injury. The 4/6 with Paddy Power just looks like a price whch is too big to turn down. I'll be having a bet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

johnnysmurfman I am a Forest fan and hope you are right!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just bet on Joe Cole to score against Liverpool - he usually does.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

Institute 6/5 v Ballyclare in the Irish Cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭paulizei

Friday.
    =====
    St.Pauli @ 5/6. Very strong at home, and playing good attacking football. Jena improving but still concede a lot.

Saturday.
    ======
    Bristol City @ 8/11. Sheff Wed are a bit of a shambles at the moment. City are tight at home. Don't understand these odds.

Sunday.
    ====
    Siena +1 @ 21/10. Milan without Pato, Ronaldo and Kaka. Siena outplayed and thrashed Roma most recently, at home admittedly but their recent away record coupled with Milan's problems suggests they can get at least a point.

Man Utd cleansheet win @ Evens
    ====
    City are poor away, Elano is suspended and they have striker problems. Utd still banging in goals even when they don't play too well and no cracks in the defence showing just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

paulizei wrote: »
    Saturday.
    ======
    Bristol City @ 8/11. Sheff Wed are a bit of a shambles at the moment. City are tight at home. Don't understand these odds.

I was looking at this bet but i'm thinking it could be a 0-0 stalemate...

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭WH BONNEY

Leeds @ 6/4

They will get back on track

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Good thread. Why didn't I think of it!!

Chelsea at 2.06.

Liverpool missing key players, Chelsea at home in good form, Pool have a bad record against the top 4, Pool doing crap of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I can't for the life of me understand why Portsmouth are 9/5 against Bolton. Since whipping Birmingham 3-0 back in december Bolton have been disappointing at home. They score in injury time to beat Derby, lost to Sheffield United and Blackburn and failed to beat Fulham (the away no hopers themselves). Portsmouth played well against Chelsea in their last game and i don't think they should be the price they are. I got VCBet for 19/10 before they cut it although i still think 9/5 is a price worth taking with either them or Boyles.

I know this is for your one bet of the weekend but i might as well mention another one I'm doing. Peterborough at 4/7 to beat Wrexham. There's been talk of a revival at Wrexham but i think they are just on a lucky run and could come crashing back down to earth at Peterborough.

Friday.
    =====
    St.Pauli @ 5/6. Very strong at home, and playing good attacking football. Jena improving but still concede a lot.
    Finished 2-2. Meh. If anyone took this I hope you covered by laying St.Pauli after they went 1-0 up and the Jena guy got sent off. I don't mean to afterevent, it's just good sense for all singles.

Forky wrote: »

Chelsea at 2.06.

Liverpool missing key players, Chelsea at home in good form, Pool have a bad record against the top 4, Pool doing crap of late.
    Benitez wrote:
    "Dirk Kuyt will probably be involved. It will not be rotation now, but something I will have to do.

"I have no problems with Kuyt. He is a fantastic professional, a worker, so he does an important job for the team.
    Translation "I know he's rubbish but I've no choice."

I expect 1-0 or 2-0 Chelsea. Cleansheet win is 11/5 on boylesports.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

Im Spurs fan and Im seriously worried about this game against Derby.
    Woodgate out ... King rested.
    Dawson and Hudd might be the center halves tomorrow and if either get another yellow there out for the Carling Cup final.
    So we'll have 2 center halves tomorrow afraid to tackle !!!! :eek:
    I hope Im wrong. Stay well away from the Spurs bet. Derby fighting for their lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Forky wrote: »

Chelsea at 2.06.

This would be mine aswell. Liverpool without Torres are going to be very week up front and considering that there defense conceded 2 against Havant and Waterlooville at Anfield suggests problems. Also, Chelsea above evens at home is normally great value and that's before you factor in their form.

I also like West Ham at 1.8, Sampdoria at 2.02 and Bayern at 1.72

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

stuttgart 4/6 to beat hertha berlin
    gomes one of if not the best striker in europe at the moment home win here

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Good picking gents

Spurs win
    Middlesborough win
    Portsmouth win

Saturday.
    ======
    Bristol City @ 8/11. :)
    Good picking gents

Spurs win
    Middlesborough win
    Portsmouth win
    Also congrats to those who picked wins for Villa and Forest. All good prices too.

Chelsea cleansheet win @ 11/5.

Siena +1 @ 9/5.

Siena DNB @ 11/2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally Posted by Benitez
    "Dirk Kuyt will probably be involved. It will not be rotation now, but something I will have to do.

"I have no problems with Kuyt. He is a fantastic professional, a worker, so he does an important job for the team.

Translation, I could pick Crouch I should pick Crouch but my weird obsession with Kuyt won't allow me.

Mike.

Chelsea cleansheet win @ 11/5.

Siena +1 @ 9/5.

Siena DNB @ 11/2.

Paulizai, do you know if Ronaldo and Pippo are playing for Milan? I've heard differing reports. Either way, with the form Milan are in they should surely win with draw/Milan catching my eye

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Paulizai, do you know if Ronaldo and Pippo are playing for Milan? I've heard differing reports. Either way, with the form Milan are in they should surely win with draw/Milan catching my eye
    Kaka, Gattuso, Pato and Gilardino are out. Afaik Ronaldo and Inzaghi are likely to play, dunno if they are match fit though. Siena are no mugs and I see no value in the home win.

Ronaldo will probably go get a hattrick now grrr.

I didn't see 1.5 as value but at around 4-1 I thought draw/Milan was great value, particularly when they don't have their two best options up front. Might lay them at half time though. As I speak, Inzaghi should have scored missed a one on one

Paulizei, from now on I copy all of your bets. Siena are looking great, had a goal dubiously dissalowed. Very harsh

Polaski scores with his first touch in Serie A football. 1-0 Milan, time to lay but Pato and Polaski will be a formidable team in future. Siena probably should have scored already though. Hit the bar and Locatelli missed a great chance

Polaski scores with his first touch in Serie A football. 1-0 Milan, time to lay but Pato and Polaski will be a formidable team in future. Siena probably should have scored already though. Hit the bar and Locatelli missed a great chance
    Yeah, close one. Nearly a last minute equaliser and everything. Milan defo worth laying again while Kaka, Gattuso and Pato are missing imo. Arsenal should batter them anyway. Chelsea's my main one today though. Liverpool are doing better than expected so far.

Yeah, close one. Nearly a last minute equaliser and everything. Milan defo worth laying again while Kaka, Gattuso and Pato are missing imo. Arsenal should batter them anyway. Chelsea's my main one today though. Liverpool are doing better than expected so far.

I dunno, I'll probably back them against Livorno. They're on great form and Gila will be back so they can drop Ronaldo

Paulizei, from now on I copy all of your bets. Siena are looking great, had a goal dubiously dissalowed. Very harsh
    Well I've had better days than today for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

well boys finally got back to winning ways. My tip of a Villa win at 5/6 looked dodge for bit but 4-1 win in the end was excellent result for o'Neill. In the end I stuck with a handy 50 Eur double of Spurs and Not Forrest a tip also from this thread. Cheers

Advertisement