Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving guys your phone no.

Options
  • 08-02-2008 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Girls, do you give out your phone no to guys easily?

Either so you can reject him over the phone as it's easier to do than in person, or because you don't see it as a big deal?

Just wondering as since moving over here and meeting girls about I seem to get their phone no. pretty easily (certainly not boasting here, I'm in no way a player) but the next day looking back I never seem to think we made much of a connection and so never follow up with a text or a call.

Now I don't think they are waiting by the phone crying 'Why Oh Why hasn't he called' but I was interested in getting the girls perspective on this.

As it would happen the only girl I've met where I sensed a connection and really liked, I was enjoying her company so much I forgot to get her number so will probably never see her again!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Depends on how drunk I am really, I've given my number out to a few lads that I don't want to see again :rolleyes: If I met a guy I liked and he asked I'd give it to him no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

yeah im the same as u cathooo! if im drunk i give it out fairly easily but generally i wouldnt if i didnt like the guy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Rarely... have to really be attracted to and interested in dating someone nearby. I qualify "nearby," cause I've had boards.ies wanting my number, and I'm on too tight a starving student budget to do overseas calling (Did that once a couple years ago and my phone bill got scary indeed, so no more).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

its not a big deal really to be honest, i have loads of random girls numbers in me phone that ill never use, it just seemed like a good idea to get it at the time!! sometimes they can be handy to have but also a good way of getting the message i.e. if you/they dont text back, then both parties get the message.

only gets messy if the person is a stalker, which has happened me lately (19 missed calls in a row):eek:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

MattKid wrote: »
    As it would happen the only girl I've met where I sensed a connection and really liked, I was enjoying her company so much I forgot to get her number so will probably never see her again!

Thats happened me a couple of times! So frustrating!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

if number is asked for ill give it usually.. if he texts he texts and i prob will give one or 2 messages abck dependin on how much of him i remember... how he acts with his textin tell alot.. if i couldnt realy remember him from the night before but made a good impression while textin i mite consider meetin him again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Baudelaire

No, couldn't be bothered unless I thought it'd go somewhere but some guy you just chat to at a nightclub what's the point? tbh if they rang a week later I'd probably feel like I was being contacted because he had no other options.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Nope, just don't do it.

Have given my number out to 1 guy over the past year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Baudelaire wrote: »
    No, couldn't be bothered unless I thought it'd go somewhere but some guy you just chat to at a nightclub what's the point? tbh if they rang a week later I'd probably feel like I was being contacted because he had no other options.

This is true i was trying to explain this to girl recently that if someone takes your number and the next time you hear from that person especially if its during drinking hours forget the following weekend forget about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

maple wrote: »
    Nope, just don't do it.

Have given my number out to 1 guy over the past year.

Did he contact you?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Rob_l wrote: »
    Did he contact you?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Most of the time we give out our numbers because at the time beer goggles mean you seem fine and even the cheesy line would pull us. Then we wake up next day and have 5msgs and think"stalker alert". Other times we are caught off guard, unsure of how to make up a number in our head/what to say and think to ourself "sure they probably won't use it anyway". Sometimes you geuniely like the guy, spend days waiting for the text/call which never comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

ya i think it depends i would never volnenteer it anyhow. but i know i really got on with my current beau and when he left me he never asked for my number. lucky we had a mutual friend so he got it from him a few days later. have given my number to a guy i didn't like but just never replied when he got in touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

As a guy I can understand women not wanting to give out their number to a guy they feel could become "stalkerish," but what I just can't understand is girls who give out fake numbers. Luckily it hasn't happened to me but I've heard of it happening and it just seems incredibly rude that a girl would do that to have a laugh at the expense of some guy who was looking for nothing more than the chance to go on a date with her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭aye

mollybird wrote: »
    have given my number to a guy i didn't like but just never replied when he got in touch.

why did you give him the number in the first place if you didnt like him?

could you not have replied and let him you know you werent interested. not replying is the height of ignorance

Advertisement