Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traxxas Battery Connector

Options
  • 08-02-2008 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm fairly new to RC and I have a Jato, I have the Traxxas battery #3036 but i do not have the traxxas charger. I do have a different charger but the connection from the Battery is different to any of the connections that came with the charger. The Charger by the way is GWS MC2002.

So basically what i'm looking for the an adapter Tamiya or something. Anyone know where I can get one.

Like I said I'm new to this so sorry if not making much sense.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Those new Traxxas connectors are just a gimmick IMHO. Cut it off and bin it - then fit a regular Tamiya or Deans or WHY.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sevenie

But then I wouldn't be able to conect it to the trasmitter or the venom fail safe i have.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Sooner or later you are going to change over to real plugs that work.
    It's just a matter of how long before you find out that you will, and how many wonky plugs you buy before that time.
    Then the ones you have at that point get binned and replaced.
    We ALL use gold or silver contact low resistance plugs when looking for power.
    I use 4mm gold banana plugs - good for well over 80 amps - which have an internal self cleaning action as they are connected and disconnected. A decent motor can hit 200 amps just at the moment you throttle up, and the motor is still stationery. As it accellerates the current falls, but any resistance in the circuit therefore reduces accelleration. Accelleration wins races. That's why we use the best plugs we can get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 EIRE-MAXX

check jato charging jack on www.towerhobbies.com

Advertisement