Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ARGOS 3for2 SCAM???

Options
  • 08-02-2008 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

the offer advertised on page640 of the new catalogue would appear to be a scam? it offers a 3 for 2 on maine modular furniture but only two of the three items covered by the offer are available in all their stores!

surely they have an obligation to stock enough to cover this offer? it appears from checks on the argos.ie site that this third component was never stocked!

anyone come across this in argos OR in other stores??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Maybe you could buy 3 of the same item, or 2 of Type A and 1 of Type B. (with the cheapest free).

Maybe someone else who has a copy of the catalogue can help out here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

yes i did think that it might be possible to pick any three units but the catalogue states

"Maine 3 piece Furniture package.Includes items 4,5 and 6. order all three for only€73.98! in beech or oak finish."

this would indicate you can only avail of the offer by purchasing all three when only two are available!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Unless I'm mistaken, all items are available in all stores. The Argos extra items have to be ordered it in the smaller stores. So you can still get them, just not straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

chrislad wrote: »
    Unless I'm mistaken, all items are available in all stores. The Argos extra items have to be ordered it in the smaller stores. So you can still get them, just not straight away.

in the "extra" stores you can order the items marked extra and if they are not in stock they will be ordered for collection within 4days! "extra" items are only available in extra stores!

just checked with friend and they(argos) are allowing people buy any 3 of the units for the offer price as no store has all three units in stock!

just rang friend again and ordered the units and the carlow store has a local delivery service startin from €5 depending on size/weight of items and within 10km of the store-very handy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

dudara wrote: »
    Maybe you could buy 3 of the same item, or 2 of Type A and 1 of Type B. (with the cheapest free).

Maybe someone else who has a copy of the catalogue can help out here.

Yes, I can confirm that this is the case. We had to get two of the modules with the doors in opposite corners, the one that they didn't have in stock was the one without doors.... perhaps you could buy one of the modules with doors and just not put the doors on!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭blooeyes

Catalogue i have it's on page211, and what i don't get is, it says buy Maine modular 3 piece furniture package only €69.99 on the right hand side of the page and on the left it says buy all 3 and get the cheapest free!!! Can anyone explain? As has been confusing me for awhile. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭JohnC.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    in the "extra" stores you can order the items marked extra and if they are not in stock they will be ordered for collection within 4days! "extra" items are only available in extra stores!

Extra items are always available in Extra stores (unless the run out of stock, but they will come back in routinely). It is normal stores where Extra items are ordered to be available within 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

don't worry foggy, some day you will find an example of somebody trying to screw you and we'll throw you a little party

Advertisement