Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know if there are copies of The Slate magazine being hosted on the net?

Options
  • 08-02-2008 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Any Help on this would be much appreciated..

Good free satirical mag that rustled some feathers between 2000 and 2003

Instead now you have Mongrel...tut tut...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 deeringc

Yeah, I've been looking out for them for a while! Last place I saw them was in the Bernard Shaw, they have every issue up on the walls... but you cant read them. Anyone have some at home and want to do the world some good? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭ergo

deeringc wrote: »
    Yeah, I've been looking out for them for a while! Last place I saw them was in the Bernard Shaw, they have every issue up on the walls... but you cant read them. Anyone have some at home and want to do the world some good? :D

+1

these must be archived somewhere...? wasn't the magazine also entirely on the net? I remember reading one particularly hilarious sarcastic article commenting on the fact the Cafe en Seine had somehow been awarded "Pub of the Year" :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I have a copy of the best of the slate somewhere, I'll try and find it and post the publishers details.

Brings back memories, used to know a new copy was out 'cos The Sun would always be giving out about such articles as "Blacks in the Jacks"

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I used to know the guy who ran it a while back. I'm still good friends with one of their writers so I'll ask her. They had a basic website, but don't think all issues were totally digitized - they ran the thing on a shoestring budget. You're probably better off putting some posts up seeing if anyone has old copies around...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

http://oneftroad.wordpress.com/2008/02/17/the-slate-online/
    ah that doens't work

the a couple of i used to write for the late blogs out there, trying to remeber their names...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 OneForTheRoad

Here's my slate page - http://oneftroad.wordpress.com/slate/ there's only 5 scanned and uploaded so far, it's a pain in the hole cos I don't have a scanner myself.

I;ve got a few more copies to upload - wish I had more.

If anyone has any and wants to loan to them to me (i'm an honest cu'nt, i swear i'll give them back..) so that I can try and get a decent size collection up there send me a mail on the blog's contact page.

nice one.

anyway, happy reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 darksphere

I'd like to see them on the net so I might be able to help out.

On the bus on the southside of Dublin I went past a pub in around the canal way down Wexford St. (I think) and I quickly saw a large poster with The Slate on it with the date April 13th on it. Anyone have any more info on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 OneForTheRoad

Yeah thats the Bernard Shaw - there was a Slate reunion on there a couple of weeks ago - there's loads of print outs of editions on the walls as someone said /\

I missed it though. Would have been good - i used to do the odd cinema review for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 darksphere

Ah, too bad. Imagine it would of been good. I had a look and you already have all the issues I currently have. Hope you find them to put up.

Advertisement