Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cleaning gutters

Options
  • 08-02-2008 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

I want to clean out my gutters over the weekend. Anyone got any tips on the best way to go about it as i havnt done it before!
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,168 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Manually scoop out the silt with a gloved hand and then flush with a hose with a spray-head.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

A small trowel can also be useful to get into/edge of the roof tile and scrape the debris into a bucket.

A very simple way to secure bucket to ladder is get a wire hanger and bend into an 'S' shape, secure one to bucket and other to ladder frame.

Make sure ladder is secure especially if working alone and do not overstretch by standing on one foot. Simply work within an arm's length. If gutters are cleaned washing shouldn't be necessary, the rain will take of flushing small bits. Any spoil on gutters can be wiped clean with a damp cloth as you go along.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

mac123 wrote: »
    I want to clean out my gutters over the weekend. Anyone got any tips on the best way to go about it as i havnt done it before!
    Cheers.

best way to do it safely is to hold the ladder really tight while you shout the instructions up to your wife -women love to do things together on weekends :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

You're a "nobody" without one of these! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

just wondering my gutters are also due a clean out myself,i have a ladder and that but seems very ackward to get at the gutters safely by just getting up on the ladder,those of you who have done the gutters before whats the best way of going about it or do you need a type of ladder?

• Advertisement
Advertisement