Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can tenants see the minutes of a commitee meeting?

Options
  • 08-02-2008 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

it's surely no surprise here that another complaint about a mgt agency is coming.

had a note in my letterbox just saying

"€100 Bin Charges per apartment for 2008 - Please note - the committee has decided that all residences in the apartments will have to contribute €100 towards bins costs for 2008."

no explanation whatsoever.

can i as a tenant demand to see the minutes of this meeting to see the reasons for this fee?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,306 ✭✭✭markpb

If you're only renting, then you need to come to an agreement with your landlord. Any charges incurred by the management company have to be paid by the owner, not the resident.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Exactly. You don't need an explanation in this case (assuming you are renting), as your landlord should be the one to foot the bill.

The wording does sound a bit like a cheap stunt to extrct money from those just renting also.

Ignore it completely is your best course of action.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

residences
    "Residences" or "residents".

Its a matter for your landlord, under the Residential Tenancies Act he can only change things in line with the market and at that only once per year.

It might be worth your while agreeing to a €100 per year rent increase. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

thanks for the input.

I didn't gave you this in the OP: "Our office will be issuing invoices late next week."
    So I will kindly ignore this invoice then as I don't know for how long i will rent the apartment this year.

and "residences" throughout the letter.
    she's probably not the sharpest knife in the drawer...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

The invoice will probably be issued to the owner of the residence, and not specifically the resident in the residence.

Contact the landlord and ask what's going on.

On a side note, no, you don't have a right to see the minutes of the meeting, if it's a management company meeting. Only the residence owner would have that right.

• Advertisement
Advertisement