Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Displays of Affection

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

holding hands grand.. when on own sitting somewhere a snuggle.. i hate big POA when wit groups of friends.. adn even when snogging sessions when just nobody else i know about i think its becuase i depise other couples on top of each other like that i dislike it..

guy i was with last summer ws all for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Baudelaire

can't compare. an ordinary day does not equal the first time being in the same country as each other in a month.

im quite happy sitting in with mates, or going out to the cinema and just holding hands. im quite comfortable with things the way they are.

Fair enough, I was under the impression from your post that you had only not seen each other for the day, a month is a different kettle of fish, to me forget PDA's that'd warrant a quicky under the table :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

I like PDA's at the arrivals hall in an airport - not just those of people in romantic relationships but any type of relationship. My dad use to go away with the UN for 6 + months at a time and I use to love meeting him at the airport and making a big show of him. I travel alot with my work and its always a little sad to walk out and not have someone waiting. I think if theres one place you should be allowed to act totally OTT its there [no I haven't been watching love actually at least not recently]

But to the pair of 15 year olds waiting for the number 25 at liffy valley thats another story I heard you tell her you'd see her in like an hour I did not need to see either of your tongues go into the others mouth or your hand go up her top thank you very much. Have some control, I did cus I didn't push either of under the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Baudelaire wrote: »
    Fair enough, I was under the impression from your post that you had only not seen each other for the day, a month is a different kettle of fish, to me forget PDA's that'd warrant a quicky under the table :D

ha, you should have seen us the time we hadnt seen each other in 7 months! but we were nowhere near people in public that time.

and ztoical, at least they weren't waiting on a 66a or something... you usually see about 4 25/As for ever one 66a. :mad:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Love holding hands, hugs, arms about the waists, sitting close, occasional kiss, ear whisper, but no heavy petting in public (too personal).

+1. Nothing wrong with giving a hug or a kiss or a squeeze of the waist when you're out in public. I'm not talking sitting on laps, chewing the faces off one another type scenarios. I hate those couples who isolate themselves from the rest of the group and just maul and focus on each other for the night. Why bother going out with a group if thats all you're going to do?

But I see nothing wrong with giving your OH a quick peck or a whisper in the ear or a secret smile/wink. No groping, ruffling under clothes or, as Jules so elequently put it, tonsillectomies (completely misspelt) but nothing wrong with a bit of affection.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 didget

na not for me, was only walkng the beech today and saw a couple chewing the face off one another and said to myself get a room. holding hands fine not full on chewing:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭angelsfire

I'm all for public affection! I don't want a guy to put his tongue down my throat or cling to me constantly, but a little hand holding and a kiss here and stuff is fine. I think it's disgusting when you have to watch people practically having six on the streets!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

+1 with most other ppl here, Not an overly coupley person when in public, although if in relationship, I don't see any problem with holding hands or a quick peck on the cheek / lips, but not more. I don't have to have it, but it is nice at times........... admittedly sometimes when drunk that kinda goes out the window, dam my lack of will power,dam you to hell.

/shakes fist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

ztoical wrote: »
    out on your own, on a date type thing no issues but when out with a bunch of friends no I think its very inconsiderate but thankfully never had any issue with any bf's about it, we always seemed to be on the same wave length regarding the when and where's for PDA's.

agreed with above although out on a date i wouldn't be going for it, that is left for private and behind closed doors. holding hands and maybe the peck is about all. i think my boyfriend is on the same wavelength. PDA's are just a bit gross and if youre in a group out for a laugh and a few jars its so so rude. if im in a group with himself we wouldnt be very coupley anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 WildWood

I think proximity is a big issue for public displays of affection...

There is this couple who get the same train as me every morning- i try to avoid getting in the same carraige as them. It turns my stomach being stuck up against them in the crowd:eek: (The train is just WAY too packed anyhow)

I am only newly engaged so am all for showing a bit of love to the other half.. I just think a rush hour tounge-fest is taking the p**s though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Gets on my nerves tbh, but then again I'm just bitter because I'm single.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I think hand holding is fine, a kiss hello/goodbye etc but when you're in a group there is nothing worse than couples eating each others faces off.

Me and my friend have had a bee in our bonnet about this recently, glad I can have little rant! One of our friends has recently started going out with a guy and they just don't stop kissing each other in public, having completely private conversation when we're all chatting in a group (a bit rude in my opinion when they ignore everyone else for ages). One time I was in the pub with them (there were other people there but they were at the bar or somewhere) and they just started kissing full on in front of me, I didn't know where to look, like WTF!! There's a time and a place and that certainly wasn't it! Would never start kissing my boyfriend when in a group let alone if only 1 other person was there!

Mauling on the bus is also ick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

i like it to a degree yes but not ott. was out wiht my boyfriend and his mate and his gf and he was all over her a bit. was a bit much i thought. id get the odd kiss and mostly holding hands or playing with each others hands like running your fingers up and down each others hands gently.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

I don't mind it normally but on saturday while out to lunch a young couple sitting next to me maybe 18 or 19 were seriously going for it in between each mouthful. Put me right off.

Holding hands is fine the odd peck also ok but as i get older its really starting to peev me. I don't remeber it ever bothering me before Saturday.

Advertisement