Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rapidshare and Imagine

Options
  • 08-02-2008 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

I can't download anything from rapidshare lately, Is anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I got something from .com a few hours ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Colin Mac

For the last few weeks, I'm getting a message about reaching the limit, wait 90 minutes, even though I haven't downloaded anything. Sometimes it says wait 2 minutes and after I do, it gives me an error.

edit; I looked in the rapdishare faq and they say it's because my ISP (gaelic/imagine) is using a transparent proxy server. Anyone know about this, and if it can be disabled?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You could just buy a premium account, they aren't that expensive.

I'm more worried about the fact that gaelic telecom are forcing customers to use
    a transparent proxy.

Why? Doesn't a transparent proxy just cache certain files so as it doesn't need to keep pulling them down from the internet.

• Advertisement

It's obvious why. I tried rapidshare again, and it told me my ip is already downloading a file. I want access to the internet, not to a proxy server.

Advertisement