Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great free players to be found within your club!

Options
  • 08-02-2008 7:06pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I started a recent game as Arsenal and also had the Irish league running so it started in the previous January. During the several months then which preceded my pre-season i organised some friendlies and several tours inc a Tour to Japan. The Japanese tour happened during the time my players went on holidays in the early Summer, so to fill a squad the game created non-pro reserves to take their place (you know the type you often see at v small clubs with shaded names). These players were Arsenal average quality but were all underage. I won all the tour games and was surprised to notice that I was able to offer these players contracts... so i did.

Almost all of these players went immediatley into the England U-21 or U-19 side, a few went on loan to lower down Preiership sides and one was even regularily used as a super sub for my own full side. After one season I sold one of them, a left back who couldent force himself into my team (after my acquisition of albidal) for £10m plus 30% of any future fee to Newcastle.

Free, Quality Youth already at your club

Comments

Advertisement