Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Getting a Credit Card

Options
  • 08-02-2008 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok im a student in dublin and a AIB Costomer and i am considering getting a credit card , I will only use it occasially for ebay and stuff , I hate 3V so that is not an option, so what would be the best card for me to get?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I can't see you getting anything other than a student credit card and usually you have to have some kind of part time job before they will consider giving you one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Both Ulster Bank and BOI are good for student banking, including credit cards. When I started college two years ago, I signed up for an ulster bank student account, and two weeks later a credit card arrived. It was simply a matter of ticking the box and signing on the dotted line. BOI had a policy that you must have on average a balance of €400 most of the time in the previous year, but not sure what the requirements are now. I believe AIB also offer a student credit card. Policy on handing credit cards out vary from bank to bank, but given the limit is usually about €400-€500, its not too big a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,168 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

BOI literally threw a student credit card at me so give them a look.

Advertisement