Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ntl

Options
  • 08-02-2008 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Has anyone elses NTL gone off? Ive done all the normal restart etc so its not that.. keeps coming on & off?? SO ANNOYING

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

The mmds is down in wicklow, dublin & meath and they have no idea when it will be restored, they are trying to locate the problem :(

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

Glad someone else has mentioned this problem....it is driving me mad lately - thought it was my tv!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Yeh. We keep loosing half our channels. When you ring them (if you get an answer) it's sort of ''how dare you! Didn't you know it's all of Wicklow? Not just your house''. Totally sick of them but choices are limited. Anytime Sky have come it's '' you're going to need two extra mile of coaxial cable and another €200'' so we're sort of stuck with NTL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Terrible service. Don't get me started.
    LMC wrote: »
    Has anyone elses NTL gone off? Ive done all the normal restart etc

Its referred to as the normal restart. Speaks volumes about the units they provide.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

NTL or as they are known now as UPC are doing key changes to the MMDS boxes twice a day. This is to try and push the people with the Freeview boxes out of their range. In the process of these key changes(upgrades), some of the channels will be lost. They will return.

The upgrade is not as seamless as they would like, but in order to make the freeview boxes redundant and UPC pushing for their own HD ready boxes (at an additonal cost), this is what they are doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Plenty wrote: »
    The upgrade is not as seamless as they would like

and it's a not so seamless service that we are paying for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 BertieAhernia

Jeez one technial fault and NTL sucks. Try going to the cable service most people get in Greystones and you will think you are watching Fanny by Gaslight.

Be thankful you have Vernon Kay and Your a Star on Tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Actually Bertie NTL does suck, is it because your "third generation" that you feel you know better:rolleyes:

Jeez one technial fault and NTL sucks. Try going to the cable service most people get in Greystones and you will think you are watching Fanny by Gaslight.

Be thankful you have Vernon Kay and Your a Star on Tap.

In fairness its not just one technical fault - its constantly going off

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Ignore the troll folks, he's banned from the entire site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Morning folks..
    So once again, I go and switch NTL on and only have a small selection of channels..:mad:
    I really can't get my head around this company... surely trading standards could do something and its a complete disgrace..
    Myself and the missus have been thinking of moving to sky, and this my friends is the last straw..
    Soon as I get to work I be making the phone call but its just beyond a joke now...
    Whatever about upgrading, in this day and age upgrades it shouldn't cause this much trouble...

To be honest I think NTL have to be the worse company for customer satisfaction I have ever come across..

Useless..:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

Oh the trauma my wife suffered last night!! Thanks to NTL/UPC, Desperate Housewives was ruined! And hence so was my night!!!:mad:

Things got worse when she heard the announcement after the programme that there was to be no DH next week because of Champions League....

Now they (NTL) better get this current phase (!?) of shoddy service fixed before that starts!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Joliegood

I am constantly getting incorrect bills (in their favour, not mine). Every bill I get involves at least four phone calls to them before I finally come accross someone with some degree of competence. Then when they agree I don't owe the stated balance and should just pay the difference I end up getting a late payment charge for not paying the excess.....................that I should never have been billed in the first place. I am considering getting rid of television alltogether as I just can't put up with this any longer. The head of NTL was on Ray Darcy's show last week and just bluffed his way through the questioning, his attitude just smacked of what you get most times you phone them up, indifference towards customers. They are fully aware that most new housing developments in Ireland are confined to just one TV provider. A bit of competition would help or as stated earlier, a regulatory body stepping in and perhaps withdrawing their license due to failure to deliver a proper service. Rant over :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Ossie

The NTL service is rubbish. I switched over to SKY and their service is brilliant - different class. I would advise everyone to switch over to SKY now.

Ossie wrote: »
    The NTL service is rubbish. I switched over to SKY and their service is brilliant - different class. I would advise everyone to switch over to SKY now.

IF ONLY!!! I have neighbours that had to change back due to the amount of threatening letters / summonses from Mgmt Co then Council :( Not fair at all

Got my NTL bill last night and there has been a price increase :confused:- really what can you say :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Even RTE is missing today. On Six Nations day. How bad can it get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

I dont know why you put up with it! If putting up a dish at the front is not allowed, simply put it up at the back of the house at roof level and it will work 100%.

It may cost a little to install, but not much and it is only a one off payment. Then you have perfect picture and sound all of the time for about what you are paying now.

It can not believe how so many people have state of the art LCD and plasmas with sh!t reception!! What is the point????

• Subscribers Posts: 48 AnneRyan

have read for a long time all your rants about NTL in Charlesland and as a long standing customer of Sky I have a voucher for a NEW customer to receive a free SKY plus box when they sign up. Installation is €45 plus one years contract. This offer must be claimed by March 31st
    If anyone is interested please PM me

PS I get a free sky plus box too!

Advertisement