Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When a brochure says in excess.......

Options
  • 08-02-2008 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

Hello there,

Just a quick question, when a brochure for a property says "in excess: €300000"
    Does this actually mean they mean only offers above €300000 will be considered or is this "excess" term a relic of the crazy house buying days when people were scrambling to buy houses. I'm thinking of offering below the asking price and would be of the opinion that this being a buyers market I would get away with putting a low offer into the mix. Whatcha think? As i mentioned this "excess" is only printed on the EA brochure and no mention of it on myhome etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Its crap leftover from the boom times. "Excess"- yeah right. Make an offer of what you think is reasonable- its a buyers market. If the estate agent is sane at all- they will take all offers to the seller- who depending on how realistic they are, may decide to withdraw the property altogether (as is happening all over the place).

Advertisement