Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iradio galway

• 08-02-2008 8:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭

So given the iradio bashing that went on late last year here did anyone actually tune in to their launch yesterday.. I'm outta the country so could'nt do it but just curious to know how they got on since I know a couple people working there? Are they as sh!te as some suggested? Or surprisingly good?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Only heard 5 minutes of them so far in the afternoon, music was great and then the presenters came on; they were ****e. The other shows may be better on it. Dunno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Radio Mad.

I hear they've engaged the services of Newstalk to supply them with news. Apparently NT staff are more than a little miffed :mad:at having to do more work without getting extra pay.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I listened to it briefly on my way to Letterkenny this evening, however once I hit the town, I started getting interference from another radio station.

Haven't listened enough to give much of an opinion yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 winit

hey i listened to it and think its the best thing in ages. the presenter barbara at 7 to 10pm has a really happy and natural voice, its great to hear a bit of irish thrown in now and again. great music. great craic.. wont be listening to anything else now i think. iradio is the tops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Just caught some of the breakfast show this morning. It's a double act but the woman's voice has this american twang that's very hard to take first thing in the morning. The music is very lightweight - I thought some shows might be like a couple on Phantom but no. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

winit wrote: »
    hey i listened to it and think its the best thing in ages. the presenter barbara at 7 to 10pm has a really happy and natural voice, its great to hear a bit of irish thrown in now and again. great music. great craic.. wont be listening to anything else now i think. iradio is the tops
    Hello Barbara... (just joking! :D)

Listened to some of it last Friday - twas OK but Hector and Tommy Tiernan's was distinctly very average. It might improve with time.

Found it difficult to tune in on my radio in Sligo town.. it's at 104.4 but could never get it sounding perfect. Was occassionally very fuzzy / "static-ky".. and it didn't seem loud enough at times.

PS - and no, i'm now in "the sticks". I'm practically dead centre of the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 winit

no i'm not barbara, didn't hear tommy and hector yet. will listen in on friday. you might be able to pick the station up over the broadband. hey have you heard iwork in the morning. thats also entertaining. and by the way my name's not dave either (haha)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Radio Mad. wrote: »
    I hear they've engaged the services of Newstalk to supply them with news. Apparently NT staff are more than a little miffed :mad:at having to do more work without getting extra pay.

might be due to the Dan Healy connection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Theres a clip of the launch on youtube.
    I really like the station, such a chance from radio bingo and death notices and without having dj's wittering on for hours on end, or auld biddys phoning in.

• Moderators Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Im listening to it now and it the worst trollip ive ever hear! The iTalk show an night time. The two they have one that show, there to discuss whatever issues arise to them, are complete and utter eejits!
    My first opinion of their show reminded me of 2 drunken idiots conversing who think their making all the sense in the world.

Their discussing the overall good behavior of the Irish this paddys weekend and the affects of drinking. They throw out little opinions, plain and simple, then build on them until their opinion becomes the opposite of the original opinion.
    Saying on the radio drink is great, and then taking in back in little bits and pieces!! Something to the tune of "After a hard day, its nice to relax with. Being able to drink responisbly is something everyone should learn to do in their life!"
    5 minutes later they started saying, after a texter says their a pioneer, that going out on a night out without drinking is grand!

As soon as someone takes an opinion contrary to theirs (saying how s**** their show is for example) they shoot them down with childish remarks. Very much, your being mean to me so you cant come to my party, kind of responses! They harassed some guy who texted in saying they were talking sh*** saying he has a tiny cock and is just a whimp for not picking up the phone when they rang him back (supposidly). Also told a few disagreeing texters to F off. Is there a petition I can sign to get them off the air? Or can we start one off?

• Advertisement
    byte

Take them off the air? They're barely ON it! :)

That show just sounds like an on-air version of After Hours :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

As soon as someone takes an opinion contrary to theirs (saying how s**** their show is for example) they shoot them down with childish remarks. Very much, your being mean to me so you cant come to my party, kind of responses! They harassed some guy who texted in saying they were talking sh*** saying he has a tiny cock and is just a whimp for not picking up the phone when they rang him back (supposidly). Also told a few disagreeing texters to F off. Is there a petition I can sign to get them off the air? Or can we start one off?

Sounds like 2 idiots with a microphone. When are they on? I want to listen on the internet.

byte

I presume it's this show, which airs from 10.
    http://www.i102104.ie/italk/index.html

• Moderators Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

byte wrote: »
    I presume it's this show, which airs from 10.
    http://www.i102104.ie/italk/index.html

That it is. Shocking bad. I hear the rest of the stations shows arnt too bad though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

this station gets the thumbs up from me ,they play better music than galway bay amd mwr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

hiscan wrote: »
    this station gets the thumbs up from me ,they play better music than galway bay amd mwr

Ha it wouldn't be hard to play better music than Galway Bay FM or MWR!!!

iRadio hasn't won me over yet, I didn't like any of the shows I have listened to so far :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Listen to the Chris Green show from 10pm - 1am weeknights except friday.

Brilliant show and the guy has a talent, Mary is some random lass who has a very sexy voice.

Great show, I stalk them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

Shocking bad.

Yes, terribly shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭tennessee time

the thief is back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭paddy978

That iTalk was decent under the old regime,however Chris has gone and I finf it hard to put into words my utter hatred for the new show.Mary acts like a child,with Chris it was random chat which I enjoyed but now its difficult to listen too.She has Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday sticking to a theme "best in west,love,rant"accordingly.Its gone very stale IMHO.BTW Chris is on www.105107.ie between 1 and 4 in the day.I infrequently listen to it as it takes him the guts of half an hour to start and plays way too much music.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

paddy978 wrote: »
    .I infrequently listen to it as it takes him the guts of half an hour to start and plays way too much music.

It's funny - I've never heard anyone complain about a radio station playing too much music before :D

I like i102104. It's more entertaining and funny than most of the other stuff out there! i go home is the show I usually listen to, I've heard that Mary wan who's on at night once or twice though and I agree she's fairly crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

That Ferg guy annoys me arse..!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bella10

its good if your looking for some chart music with nothing too serious, really like fergal darcy, seems to show a personality which some of the other presenters lack!!!
    music does get a little repetitive though, seem to only play top 10 throughout the week. There is a indie-rock and r&b show on at the weekends, i reckon they should throw in a few of these songs along with the chart toppers to give the shows more substance!!!
    just my opinion!!:)

Advertisement