Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 year old wants to go on Bebo!

Options
  • 08-02-2008 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm probably being a little silly here but my ten year old son has been asking for months if he can go on Bebo and I'm not sure I want him on it. Most of the other boys in his class are on the site. I don't know a lot about bebo but is there a way I can make sure it's only set up where his friends can access his page? Is there another more child friendly site that's probably similar that I can steer him towards?

Thanks,
    Carmel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Hi carmel,

To my shame my 8yo dd has a bebo page, It is set up on my email address, and she does not know the password to it, I sign her in and supervise her while she is on it.

Her page is private which means only her friends can see her profile. I have no personal information or pictures of her up, and I make sure we know everyone who ads her as a friend...that you have to accept. Which is only about 15 friends at this stage...

To be honest it is good computer experience for her, and a bit of harmless fun..

The usual, everything is fine once supervised and in moderation... Try it out if it doesnt work out get the account deleted.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭racram

Thanks Quality,

Actually, I did set up a safe2read.com email address for him when he was 8 and that's a supervised account (he's not aware of that though!) so I guess Il can try it out for a while and keep some supervision over it through the email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Would he maybe be happy enough with something like Club Penguin that is more heavily moderated, and more restrictive in how much personal info you can give out?

Advertisement