Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

45 High St, Kilkenny

• 08-02-2008 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi all,

I'm wondering would anyone be able to help me. I'm looking to find out what shop was located at 45 High St in 1893?

Any help would be brilliant.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Femgem wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm wondering would anyone be able to help me. I'm looking to find out what shop was located at 45 High St in 1893?

Any help would be brilliant.

Was that were the old brothel was? , I'm sure my granddad told me that.

Femgem I know I came across old photos of High Street from time to time, - some of them quite old, -showing shop fronts and street scenes, Cant think now where I saw them, - maybe at Arts Week exhibitions, - but I'd say the Library on John's Quay or Rothe House or the Kilkenny People office would have copies of anything thats to be got. You might just be lucky enough to see number 45. What about the old Census forms? Think Rothe house has those too. Good Luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

whats at 45 high st now?

Think its Richard Dore's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

MR RICHARD DORE FAOI. 45/46 HIGH ST. KILKENNY

And he's been there for years so it may well have been him in '93 although they did renovate and extend a good few years ago so maybe they took in 45 back then.

Oops just read the OP question again. Don't think Richard was examing eyes back in 1893 :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement