Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking a Porsche - advice req

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

lol - plenty of info about this car on boards already. I would advise importing from the UK, save yourself a good few quid and get a better spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Clytus

a 98 boxster!!!! The way I look at these things is that its obvious you cant afford a nearly new one.....so your gonna buy a 10 year old one.

reasoned thought says your gonna be hard pushed to keep a car like that on the road...tax,insurance, running costs and then service costs...and what with a Porsche being what it is...they aint gonna be cheap.

get yourself a 3 or four year old CLK for nearly the same money....peps will still think your doing well and its a nice car. Only thing is the seat belt raisers will do your head in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Just avoid that dodgy one that the guy crashed into a footpath (or some such), then posted about the crash on boards, then tried to sell the car a few months later but was having problems and again posted about this on boards, only to be pwned by some other guy who dredged up the old thread and made a fool of him..

That one, avoid it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Ha ha... bet he is sickened now... He wont be as quick to type the next time he runs into a bollard:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

Allow yourself sh*tloads for maintenance. Be warned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Clytus wrote: »
    a 98 boxster!!!! The way I look at these things is that its obvious you cant afford a nearly new one.....so your gonna buy a 10 year old one.

reasoned thought says your gonna be hard pushed to keep a car like that on the road...tax,insurance, running costs and then service costs...and what with a Porsche being what it is...they aint gonna be cheap.

get yourself a 3 or four year old CLK for nearly the same money....peps will still think your doing well and its a nice car. Only thing is the seat belt raisers will do your head in.

What has the age of a car got to do with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Oilrig wrote: »
    Allow yourself sh*tloads for maintenance. Be warned.

Are they not reliable??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

Any opinions?

Check this thread for everything you need to know about this car.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055227432

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

TJJP wrote: »
    Looking at a Porsche on carzone. Not sure about the colour. Any opinions?

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=890150

save yourself a lot of money, http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=41600&cat=all

Or buy my GTV and save even more ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Your Alfa is lovely deegs, but please see your "bad time to sell?" thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,060 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Clytus wrote: »

that is the most narrow minded stupid post ive read in a while,

nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Cyrus wrote: »
    that is the most narrow minded stupid post ive read in a while,

nice one

+1
    I especially like the bit
    'get yourself a 3 or four year old CLK for nearly the same money....peps will still think your doing well and its a nice car.'

Is that all that matters? The opinion of other status-seeking w***ers?
    It kinda underlines the pet theory I've been labouring under recently that many on this board are not car enthusiasts per se but upwardly-mobile, social-climbing drones whose car ownership trajectory reads VW>Audi>BMW>Mercedes>THE END...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭MarkN

I love the way everyone has an opinion on used Porsches.

It's not a f**kin' Lada here lads, it's a 10 year old Porsche - so what?? They don't suddenly blow up because they've reached their 10th birthday. :rolleyes:

Granted things are not going to be cheap when they DO go wrong but I'd love to know just how many Porsches give trouble compared to lesser cars of the same age. I'd hazard a guess that it's a LOT less.

Advertisement