Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weekend premiership action! (9/2/08)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

eirebhoy wrote: »
    It didn't take Reid long to make an impact at Sunderland. Looked a class apart in his few minutes on the pitch. Set up a goal within 30 seconds.

He looked quite overweight to me from viewing him on the touchline. Good pass though to set up that cracking goal from Murphy. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Has Robbie been replaced as Spurs Penalty taker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

He looked quite overweight to me from viewing him on the touchline. Good pass though to set up that cracking goal from Murphy. :cool:

:eek:

He wasn't that fat back in September/October in the Ireland team. Championship football is not good for your health.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Come on Liverpool :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

****ing Sky were there harping on about David James save, it was a very good save, but I have seen better this season, it was straight at him.

Ha, it's a funny day. United fans cheering for Liverpool. Liverpool fans cheering for United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

PHB wrote: »
    Ha, it's a funny day. United fans cheering for Liverpool. Liverpool fans cheering for United.
    All one big happy family for one day, it must be a soccer mods dream! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

United fans cheering for Liverpool.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

what?? where did this act of lunacy take place? any decent united fan will be hoping for a draw today in the pool v chelsea game, nothing else. nothing.

Why?
    Liverpool are out of the title race. Chelsea are still very very very much in it. A loss for them would allow us to pull away even more. What kind of logic is there in hoping for a draw?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

what?? where did this act of lunacy take place? any decent united fan will be hoping for a draw today in the pool v chelsea game, nothing else. nothing.
    I would glady take a Liverpool win today to put alittle more distance between us and chelsea. Got to look at the bigger picture. :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I don't see many Liverpool fans wanting United to win.

They'd want to :) City are only two points behind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm a little Red Devil for 95 mins today! :)

Anyone got Citys line up?

Mike.

Awful awful game between Liverpool and Chelsea, Crouch should have scored, and Chelsea should have been given a penalty it was a stone wall penalty straight in front of the ref.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Well done City. Time to switch over to the African Nations final.

• Advertisement

I just can't believe how inconsistant refs are. That was such a clear penalty on Joe Cole. I just can't understand what refs are thinking.

kinaldo wrote: »
    Well done City. Time to switch over to the African Nations final.
    LOL just seen your sig kinaldo, thats hilarious I'd say any premier league player would be having a nightmare if they were to dream of playing in a Newcastle shirt at the moment.

They were so bad yesterday they even made an off form Villa team look :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Villain wrote: »
    LOL just seen your sig kinaldo, thats hilarious I'd say any premier league player would be having a nightmare if they were to dream of playing in a Newcastle shirt at the moment.

They were so bad yesterday they even made an off form Villa team look :D
    Yesterday was a dark day alright. Villa were so ordinary. I didn't want to speak about it but I still can't understand why Cacapa was pitted against Carew instead of our aerial beast that is Faye. Not to mention playing Carr, Butt and Smith. Butt in particular has completely lost it this season, the other two are just terrible. I can only pray KK has the sense discard all three of them in the summer.

Chelsea 0 -0 Liverpool

Awful game very sloppy from both sides, Chelsea gain a point on Utd only 3 points behind now and Liverpool retake 5th level with Villa and Man City and 3 points behind Everton.

Great day for Arsenal :rolleyes:

Liverpool still aren't getting away from that 4th spot yet, and imo they have an incredibly tough run of games coming up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

jaysus, went all quite on here for the utd - city match. :)

kinaldo wrote:
    . I can only pray KK has the sense

oh dear, i nearly spluttered tea down my nose and onto my keyboard.
    you know, King Kev can start his revolution any time now. Or does he want to make it exciting by dancing with relegation :)

Newcastle to go down.

I'd love it....

WWM I don't think you've quite got it.
    He's gona go down, then start the revolution, and bring them back up again in one year. He'll be heralded as the saviour of Newcastle United after the shocking management of Big Sam lead them to being relegated by the time Keegan took over.

Lol at Hunt with Carsley.

Was Kilbane wearing an Irish pendant?

(MOTD 2)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Great day for Arsenal :rolleyes:

A brilliant day :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

WWM I don't think you've quite got it.
    He's gona go down, then start the revolution, and bring them back up again in one year. He'll be heralded as the saviour of Newcastle United after the shocking management of Big Sam lead them to being relegated by the time Keegan took over.

ahhhhhhh.

inspired! :)

i do now see the cunningness that has far outpassed my obvious short sighteness and personal opinion that remaining in the top league is the priority.

I may never post in this forum again, such is my accute membarassment :)

Its tough to under Geordien logic, but don't be embarassed, it happens to a lot of people.

Anyway, Arsenal vs. Blackburn starting now. Please god Blackburn do us a favour :)
    Blackburn do like to get physical on Arsenal, so lets hope it works!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

So if Arsenal slip up, that means the "big 4" would not of won the same weekend

When was the last time that happened? Quiz time

*I don't know the answer btw

That is just utterly shocking defending. I can't believe how easy that was for Senderos. Why Benni McCarthy is marking him is beyond me, but jesus christ, he didn't even challenge for it.

Well it won't be this weekend

1-0 Senderos

Comfortable win for Arsenal

Blackburn soooo toothless upfront

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

At wat point can we deduce the league is over and Arsenal have won, just out of curiousity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

After 38 games ;)

Mr Alan wrote: »
    At wat point can we deduce the league is over and Arsenal have won, just out of curiousity?

All depends on who drops points next for me

If Man Utd drop points again before Arsenal, game over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

G'wan Arsenal! Keeps Blackburn away from us for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Xavi6 wrote: »
    G'wan Arsenal! Keeps Blackburn away from us for now.

G'wan Citeh! Keeps ManYoo away from us for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Steven Reid looks a different player to the one I knew. Extremely confident, always demanding the ball, moving into positions to receive it. His game now looks to be all about simple passes and excellent movement. I can't wait to see him link up with Andy Reid, Duff, Ireland, McGeady, Keane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

cson wrote: »
    After 38 games ;)

surely you mean 39 games :p

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

eirebhoy wrote: »
    I can't wait to see him link up with Andy Reid, Duff, Ireland, McGeady, Keane.
    Five in midfield?

Is someone playing behind Keane.

And where's Doyler.

And Hunty?

They don't figure, its a 4-2-3-1 formation(4-3-3, 4-3-2-1)

McGeady, Ireland and Duff play behind Keane, with the two Reids in the middle.

Doyle and Keane fight it out for striker.

Hunt impact sub if needed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

DesF wrote: »
    And Hunty?
    A great player to have on the bench if we need a lift but I'd rather try to play a good quick passing game which Reid, Reid, Duff, McGeady and Ireland are better at than Hunt imo.

People say Ireland drifts in and out of games but he averages 37 passes a game compared to Hunt's 22. He's good to have if you want a winger to run down the line and send in excellent crosses but old fashioned wingers finally seem to be really old fashioned now. In fairness to Hunt he's playing in the centre for Reading recently but Kilbane played in the centre for us a lot. He's just a better, more confident version of Kilbane for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Great result tonight especially with the way the other results went, people said we would struggle with Toure missing for the ANC, but big Phil has got better with each game he has played. Hleb was class tonight, did everything but score. He is going to get better and better. Cesc apparently is not 100% either was Big Phil, can see us resting players for the cup with Cesc likely to be rested.

Advertisement