Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Valley of the squinting windows

Options
  • 09-02-2008 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭

Has anyone read the book 'The Valley of the Squinting Windows' and is there a village in Co Sligo that could be described as so?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Are you scouting locations for a major cinema adaptation? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Anywhere outside of Sligo town. Actually any village in Ireand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i remember hearing about that book, didnt some priest get his parishoners to burn it, i thought it was a rosscommon thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Jabby

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    i remember hearing about that book, didnt some priest get his parishoners to burn it, i thought it was a rosscommon thing

The village was Delvin (near Mullingar) It was mostly about narrow-minded interfering busy bodies who tormented a particular family just because one of them dared to write about what they believed was his and their locality in an unfavorable light.(Great book by the way.) There's a 'Delvin' in every county in Ireland don't you think .
    My question is. What is Co Sligo's 'Delvin' and without mentioning any names... why?

hmmm, everyone must think that their home area is like that. it's not such a specific thing that it can happen in grange but not easkey, etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    hmmm, everyone must think that their home area is like that. it's not such a specific thing that it can happen in grange but not easkey, etc

How about Beltra? or Cloonacool?

Essexboy wrote: »
    How about Beltra?

especially beltra.....

what with everyone out that direction being a clark

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

I always expect ballymote to be abit like that. But perhaps its really templeboy thats the one....
    Think I went to school with a few Clarks from Beltra or did everyone!

Advertisement