Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Expected New Car Price Lists July 08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭mikep

E92..that is a fabulous piece of work...Thanks!!:D:D:D

One quick question does the volvo c30 flexifuel price 07/08 price include the 2,500 rebate??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Nice work on the list, Ive sent it on to friends and family already! ;)

One question tho, are these Beetles in the right order?
    Car C/O2
    BEETLE TDI HIGH 1.9 194
    BEETLE 1.8T HIGH 143
    BEETLE CABRIOLET 1.9 TDI 145

Seems odd the two (same presumably) 1.9TDI engines have such different emissions, even more so that the Cab version is better, not worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Nice work on the list, Ive sent it on to friends and family already! ;)

One question tho, are these Beetles in the right order?
    Car C/O2
    BEETLE TDI HIGH 1.9 194
    BEETLE 1.8T HIGH 143
    BEETLE CABRIOLET 1.9 TDI 145

Seems odd the two (same presumably) 1.9TDI engines have such different emissions, even more so that the Cab version is better, not worse.

There's always one:D!

Fear not, it will be fixed tonight sometime! I'm sure the 1.9 TDI hatch is 143, and the 1.8T is 194.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

E92 wrote: »
    I'm sure the 1.9 TDI hatch is 143, and the 1.8T is 194.

Correct! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 lidbd

All I wanna to say is... Well Done!!! E92. You are the MAN!!!icon10.gif

Thanks you so much.

BTW, will this Price list be the real price on July 2008?

• Advertisement

lidbd wrote: »
    All I wanna to say is... Well Done!!! E92. You are the MAN!!!icon10.gif

Thanks you so much.

BTW, will this Price list be the real price on July 2008?

NO:)! It's only there as a guide, and to give an idea of what you should be paying.

The only ones we know that are going to pass on the saving are BMW(who have confirmed it) and Ford who implied it.

And the calcs are made using OMSP of 92% usually, nobody said it had to be 92%, so if a company says they will be passing on the VRT savings in full to the consumer and they are less than what I have here, then the most likely reason is that they use a different OMSP.

Somebody else asked about the Volvo Flexifuel models. The pre July prices includes the rebate, the post July price excludes the rebate, for the simple reason that the Government hasn't announced whnat cars will be getting the rebate yet(this also applies to any other hybrid/FFV model to).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Your list only goes to V (Volvo)!!
    What about that Zonda I wanted to order, will it be cheaper in July ;)

Seriously though, great list, I've passed it onto a few lads in work who were deciding on new company cars.

PS I know it should be pagani but I couldn't think of any Z's off hand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

E92, I hope you don't mind but I just made some "secretarial" changes to your excel files, just so the headings stay at the top when you scroll, for easier viewing.......yes I'm bored and in work :rolleyes:

NO:)! It's only there as a guide, and to give an idea of what you should be paying.

The only ones we know that are going to pass on the saving are BMW(who have confirmed it) and Ford who implied it.

And the calcs are made using OMSP of 92% usually, nobody said it had to be 92%, so if a company says they will be passing on the VRT savings in full to the consumer and they are less than what I have here, then the most likely reason is that they use a different OMSP.

Somebody else asked about the Volvo Flexifuel models. The pre July prices includes the rebate, the post July price excludes the rebate, for the simple reason that the Government hasn't announced whnat cars will be getting the rebate yet(this also applies to any other hybrid/FFV model to).

Thanks for the reply, As what you've just said. If BMW says they will be passing on the VRT savings in full to the consumer. Then, For an example.

BMW 116i is only going to cost us 23.5K at July 2008. Opel Astra SportHatch 1.4 SXI is going to cost us something like 21.k.

As there is only 2K difference in between. I assume that everybody will go ahead and buy BMWs rather than buy OPELs.
    My Option might sound stupid.. But I really what to know.. icon10.gif

lidbd wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, As what you've just said. If BMW says they will be passing on the VRT savings in full to the consumer. Then, For an example.

BMW 116i is only going to cost us 23.5K at July 2008. Opel Astra SportHatch 1.4 SXI is going to cost us something like 21.k.

As there is only 2K difference in between. I assume that everybody will go ahead and buy BMWs rather than buy OPELs.
    My Option might sound stupid.. But I really what to know.. icon10.gif

The 116i should cost around €27.5k new in July. It would be nice if we could have new BMWs for only €23k, buit we'll have to keep dreaming!

Where BMWs start to look like seriously good value is when you get to the 3 series. A new 318i should be around €36k, compared to €40,650 now for example.

• Advertisement

The 116i should cost around €27.5k new in July. It would be nice if we could have new BMWs for only €23k, buit we'll have to keep dreaming!

Where BMWs start to look like seriously good value is when you get to the 3 series. A new 318i should be around €36k, compared to €40,650 now for example.

Hi E92,

Please take a look of the BMW 116i's Price list excel made by yourself, OMSP on July 2008 is 23.9K.

What it wrong??

The "Price from 1/7/08" column is the one that matters, and is the one to be used for guessing what prices will be. OMSP is only there for the purposes of VRT calculating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭mallet head

E92 they should name a bridge after you.

Now for the bad news, I went to a Skoda dealership today and was told they may or may not pass on the reduction to the customer. Is their any legal obligation for the manufacturers to pass on at least some of the rebate or will it end up being another well meaning tax break that sees the rich getting richer?

What's happening here I'd say is that the dealer wants you to get a diesel car now,rather than wait and get the cheaper VRT in July.

The salesman is the last person I'd take advice from really. Not all of them are bad of course, there are a few posters here who sell cars for a living and they know what they are talking about, so I don't want to be generalising here, but they do have targets to be met and their job is to sell you a car and many seem to be adopting the "bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush" strategy.

And just to repeat, dealers don't set the recommended price of the car, the importer/manufacturer decides it.

It only takes one manufacturer to pass on the savings, particularly if they are a big seller(BMW arepassing on the savings, Lexus are taking out standard equipment to stay competitive), and then the rest will be forced to if they want to keep their sales up. After all their margins will still be the same if they pass on the saving, passing it on isn't costing them anything after all, so they've nothing to lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Do you happen to know if the July VRT impact will only happen to cars ordered from the 1st July? What if there is a 2 month wait for a car, could you order it in May and pay what the new price will be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭mallet head

What's happening here I'd say is that the dealer wants you to get a diesel car now,rather than wait and get the cheaper VRT in July.

The salesman is the last person I'd take advice from really. Not all of them are bad of course, there are a few posters here who sell cars for a living and they know what they are talking about, so I don't want to be generalising here, but they do have targets to be met and their job is to sell you a car and many seem to be adopting the "bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush" strategy.

In fairness to the guy he was the one who told me about the new regime coming in and suggested I may be better off holding on till july.
    And just to repeat, dealers don't set the recommended price of the car, the importer/manufacturer decides it.

Indeed. Again he said they have no control over prices but Skoda may still charge the dealer 2000 euros extra (1.9 tdi) for their cars so in real terms the dealer is not getting the cheaper price. It will be skoda who are price gouging not the Irish Dealer.Another option is to keep the car at the same price but stick on a few extras which again in real terms costs the manufacturer a couple of hundred quid but gains them lots more via the Irish tax payer (an option favoured by VW apparently) Again the salesman in question is only speculating what may or may not happen.

Indeed. Again he said they have no control over prices but Skoda may still charge the dealer 2000 euros extra (1.9 tdi) for their cars so in real terms the dealer is not getting the cheaper price. It will be skoda who are price gouging not the Irish Dealer.Another option is to keep the car at the same price but stick on a few extras which again in real terms costs the manufacturer a couple of hundred quid but gains them lots more via the Irish tax payer (an option favoured by VW apparently) Again the salesman in question is only speculating what may or may not happen.

Well what the salesman told you was good advice I must confess. It was the way you said it I thought he was chancing his arm though:D!

As for pricing, well lets put it this way, if they don't Audis are going to appear very expensive compared to BMWs, so if Audi want to keep up with BMW, you can bet your left leg they will follow suit, and it will have to follow down through the rest of the VAG cars, otherwise the value brands like Skoda are going to start looking expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭port

TheBazman wrote: »
    Do you happen to know if the July VRT impact will only happen to cars ordered from the 1st July? What if there is a 2 month wait for a car, could you order it in May and pay what the new price will be?
    Ordering before July is not a problem,if your car arrives before July leave it in the garage and register it on or after July 1st.Happy motoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ali Ba Ba

Heh, well done you - I'm going to have agood look at this tonight.

Quick question, I heard that BMW were not going to pass on the full reduction on new diesels (in particular the 520d) as this would de-value the 2nd hand ones - in relative terms the 520d has been good value since it was launched, well compared to the same sized merc or lexus anyway.

Buying a new Freelander 2.2d Auto now, so not getting hit with the higher price, but from next year will have to pay the higher road tax on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,895 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Ali Ba Ba wrote: »
    Buying a new Freelander 2.2d Auto now, so not getting hit with the higher price, but from next year will have to pay the higher road tax on it.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

Quick question, I heard that BMW were not going to pass on the full reduction on new diesels (in particular the 520d) as this would de-value the 2nd hand ones - in relative terms the 520d has been good value since it was launched, well compared to the same sized merc or lexus anyway.

You heard wrong. The 520d SE with a manual gearbox will be yours from €46,190 in July(it's €54,250 now). If you don't believe me, then ask Seán Green, BMW Group Ireland's MD(it was he that said it a couple of times in the papers, including the Auto Ireland car magazine);).
    Plenty of people have deferred delivery of their 520ds till July for this very reason.

Any idea what the story is going to be on the 520d automatic?
    With the traffic in this country, automatice is the only way to go!

Riskymove wrote: »
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:
    ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Any idea what the story is going to be on the 520d automatic?
    With the traffic in this country, automatice is the only way to go!

In fairness guys, please check the excel sheets in the first page. It answers most of your questions.

???

I had a loooooong day yesterday and I don't know how many times I have said this on various threads here at this stage...

If you buy your Freelander now (or before 1 July) you do not....repeat do not....have to pay any higher road tax next year or any other (unless the exisiting rates are increased that is)

you will be on the current engine size based tax........forever

Riskymove wrote: »
    I had a loooooong day yesterday and I don't know how many times I have said this on various threads here at this stage...

If you buy your Freelander now (or before 1 July) you do not....repeat do not....have to pay any higher road tax next year or any other (unless the exisiting rates are increased that is)

you will be on the current engine size based tax........forever
    It was on the news last week (Thursday, I think) that the Government had changed the date for the introduction of the new road tax rates on new cars registered after February 1st, this year you would get away with the old rate (or rather the new rate brought in by the Budget in December) but from next year you would have to pay the new rates based on emissions, originally only applicable from July this year.

If this is not the case, great!

It was on the news last week (Thursday, I think) that the Government had changed the date for the introduction of the new road tax rates on new cars registered after February 1st, this year you would get away with the old rate (or rather the new rate brought in by the Budget in December) but from next year you would have to pay the new rates based on emissions, originally only applicable from July this year.

If this is not the case, great!

Its not the case...

you have an option to change to the new system on renewal of tax if you want (i.e. if you have bought a car that has lower emmissions) but you do not have to go onto new system (i.e. if you have bought a car that would have tax rates go up....or unless you are a loony who likes paying more tax for no particular reason!!)

Excellent news! Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Elvis64

Great work on Car Prices.
    I'm thinking of buying an 06 520d auto, 35000 miles, leather, €45500 & wonder would I be better waiting until after July'08.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Elvis64 wrote: »
    Great work on Car Prices.
    I'm thinking of buying an 06 520d auto, 35000 miles, leather, €45500 & wonder would I be better waiting until after July'08.

Check the attached spreadsheet dude.

A NEW 520d will cost ya about €46,000 after July, and sh 520's are expected to be cheaper after July aswell.

Advertisement