Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Expected New Car Price Lists July 08

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Elvis64

Yeah that's what I thought. I think I'll wait, unless I can get the garage to reduce the price substantially.
    Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭MarkN

Elvis64 wrote: »
    Great work on Car Prices.
    I'm thinking of buying an 06 520d auto, 35000 miles, leather, €45500 & wonder would I be better waiting until after July'08.

Or €46,190 for a base one straight out of the box?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 watchingcivilse

Well done E92

How much do you think an 06D 530i Msport + M5 alloys full loaded is worth? can't see on anywhere on Irish NET

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dannyboy

Der truble wit de 530i is dat it ain't much gud esspecly in der blak.

Der M5 weels ain't really much gud widout der M5. i

'd say dat it ain't wurth any more dan about turty tousand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,143 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ZOMG.....what?

No text speak please, it is likely you have a full keyboard to utilise

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭richie_rvf

Thank you very much for the work E92 - brilliant!

We (my wife and I :rolleyes:) are in the market for a diesel E60, we called into McKeon's in Kells and the sales guy was brilliant, he was straight up about the whole situation and actually advised us against buying a lovely '07 520 MSport as a new one would be fractionally higher in a few months - happy days!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Gandalf23 wrote: »
    Check the attached spreadsheet dude.

A NEW 520d will cost ya about €46,000 after July, and sh 520's are expected to be cheaper after July aswell.

I have just traded mine in and have been allowed more than that (although it is an M-Sport auto ) by the dealer. I suppose they are making enough on the other side of the transaction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

richie_rvf wrote: »
    Thank you very much for the work E92 - brilliant!

We (my wife and I :rolleyes:) are in the market for a diesel E60, we called into McKeon's in Kells and the sales guy was brilliant, he was straight up about the whole situation and actually advised us against buying a lovely '07 520 MSport as a new one would be fractionally higher in a few months - happy days!!
    Once you put an Automatic gearbox onto an EfficientDynamics E60 the CO2 adavantage for a diesel is gone. The 525d and 530d are in exactly the same VRT/road tax category as their petrol sisters when the Auto is thrown in.

Only the 520d is better, and of course the 535d is the same as the 6 pot petrols/diesel Autos but would have more power and torque of course.

In any event a 07 520d is only a tennor cheaper to tax than a 08 6 pot 5 series Auto, plus a far superior noise and plenty more power too. I know what I'd have anyway:D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

EVen down to Diesel Focus vs Diesel Mini, now we're talking choice! Dear is the new cheap...............

Well Done E92, you're a legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pauldinn

hello i was having a look at buying a 04 bmw 320d prices average around 24k-29k in garages around dublin at the moment but with the new vrt in july a brand new one will cost around 40k so will the price of the older 320d fall by much after july

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,895 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

pauldinn wrote: »
    hello i was having a look at buying a 04 bmw 320d prices average around 24k-29k in garages around dublin at the moment but with the new vrt in july a brand new one will cost around 40k so will the price of the older 320d fall by much after july

its reasonable to assume a drop in SH prices of cars where new prices are coming down....how much a drop...who knows...

Certainly I have seen Accord 2.2D Execs selling second hand for around 38-40k for 2007-2008 models. From July the new price for one should be around 35-36k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Elvis64

I'm trading in an E200 Petrol Auto,85000 miles,00D, against a 520D Auto,35000 miles,10 spoke alloys,wood dash,Metalic,Artificial Leather & its costing me €37500. Good deal or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I cant open either of those attachments!?

Help

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Jaysus people....nobody has a crystal ball around here or a personal knowledge of the pricing that will be applied by individual distributors for July registrations...read the spreadsheets and the VRT sticky. If your answer isn't there then you're more than likely not going to find the answer on boards.ie

Posted this in another thread, but thought I'd put it in here too(it's more relevant here really)
    E92 wrote: »
    All 3 series and X3 models have all gone up in price by €200.

This is normal as BMW always have an annual price hike, though pricing for all other models hasn't changed thus far. The X3 2.0d has been upgraded from 163 bhp to 177 bhp. It's price only went up by €200 too surprisingly, so BMW have given X3 2.0d buyers a power and torque upgrade for free. CO2 and mpg are unchanged from the less powerful 150 bhp version, which has now been discontinued.

BMW have also released pricing for some E88 models(1 series rag top), I say some as more versions are to follow soon, there is a 118i, 120d and a 135i coming as well as M Sport versions, the X6 xDrive35d as well as the E93 320d(3 series cabrio) which it turns out is almost as dear as the 325i, the M3 saloon and Cabrio(including the new DCT box), and the 123d is now finally available with an Automatic gearbox(E81,E82 and E87). For those who are completely daft, the 316i can now be had with an Automatic gearbox too, why anyone wants a model soon to be discontinued for Ireland with a slush box is beyond me, especially when it's the least powerful 3 series, but BMW obviously thought it was worthwhile for some ridiculous reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi lads,

Does anyone know what the expected cost of a BMW 635D M Sport will be in July? ...Will it go up or down?

Also, if the car is ordered in May and it doesn't arrive till July will the new VRT rate apply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Does anyone know what the expected cost of a BMW 635D M Sport will be in July? ...Will it go up or down?

Is it in E92s spreadsheet in the sticky?
    (coming down €2,826)
    jamieh wrote: »
    Also, if the car is ordered in May and it doesn't arrive till July will the new VRT rate apply?

Asked and answered, your honour!
    (yes, the system you'll be taxed under is based on the date of registration)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭paddy cork

hello re new honda accord 2.2 deisel sport
    current price 38850,however due to vrt change in july drop to 34380.
    just seen auto express co2 figure on new honda deisel droppping from current figure of 148 down to around 135 .if this figure is correct the car should be moving from vrt band c to band b(20%vrt to 16%)
    what will be the new price in july.

p.s.i used fellow member E92 figures from his excellent spreadsheet.

The attatchments here have now been deleted, as they are out of date. The first link in my sig has the most up to date pricing, and the second one has BMW and MINI's official July pricelist.

Advertisement