Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the cheek

• 09-02-2008 3:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Just home from a night out in sligo,
    Dont care i'm gonna name and shame, was in Toffs.
    Now Dublin folk might fiind this acceptable but i dont.
    I generally dont drink when i'm out, so i normally have a few red bull as by the time i do hit the clubs i'm up 14 or 15 hours and havent drink to keep me lively,
    Went up to the bar as usual and ordered a red bull in a pint glass with ice. Its normally 4 euro which takes the piss a bit as i can get the exact same can for 1.65 in the local garage let alone tesco, but when i get the change from my fiver its only 80 cent.
    I ask the gormless eejit behind the bar is that a mistake... no its now 4.20. A bottle of beer is now cheaper, and they wonder why people drink and drive. TBH i am raging... OK deep breath and.........rant over

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Yeah, I got charged the same price for a bottle of non-alcoholic beer as a mate was charged for a pint of Heinekin in a bar in Dublin city center last weekend :eek:

I nearly strangled the bar man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

So people drink and drive now because beer is cheaper then red bull?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Obviously not but its a proper sad state if affairs that it is that way. Its pretty sickenin to drink coke or fanta all night long, teeth take on a furry texture, not to mention it prob is worse for your health than drinkin. Point was that night clubs are really pullin the arse out of it by charging so much..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Whats wrong with water? Why do you have to drink loads of sugary drinks to compensate for no alcohol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

or orange juice? That'd better to drink then sugary drinks. Personally I drink a lot of diet coke and actually prefer it to alcohol (well except if it's vodka and diet coke) so I don't mind drinking it all night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Can of Red Bull in Shops - €1.65

Can of Beer in Shops ~ €1.50

So what's the problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

If you order a drink in a bar, then don't want to pay the price, don't pay it. Say to the barman "Nah, you're alright, thanks". I'm sure he would have gotten rid of the RB anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Rossibaby

nightclubs are a joke,when you work in one you'll realise its not worth the hype.lets go thru it for you slideways,a typical night out in sligo or most other places...you get to toffs and pay €10 in...hang up the old jacket..€2...sure i'll have a drink,ah the lines huuge i'll buy 2 while i'm here cuz couldn't be arsed to queue again...depending on what you drink could range from 8.50 to 15...repeat this couple times,maybe buy your mate a pint,perhaps your partner...then listen to the ****e music that is a re-mix of a decent tune...head to the dancefloor cuz something ok is on and you find yourself in an overcrowded pit..plus the people are generally off their face,ugly and seem to have lost their charm lol go out to smoking area and purchase some fags and smoke 1 or 2..€7.45..getting late enough so better grab a drink before leaving €5 and end the night on the dancefloor of drunken sweat lol....leave,get some food and a coke in ya...€6...see scumbags fighting all over the place,ppl getting sick and rubbish everywhere you step.taxi home then..€12 perhaps reduced as you may share up to 4 so €3-€5...

i've known friends who have spent €200 on a night out in a ****ty club before they get to bed..i try and keep it under 50 as i drink before i go out 2...cheaper tho u may get refused for being balubas...maybe sneak a naggin in and drink it in the toilet,always good.plus the beer in nightclubs is either watered down or p***.

night clubs are a huge scam at the end of the day even though i do enjoy them.much better though,get a group together,go camping/beach party/house party and get wasted,much cheaper and you get to pick who comes and what music is played.my bro used to manage a bar and club and he agrees,complete scammers getting money off ya. i mean money in,coat,drink,taxi....joke

Advertisement