Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help identifying a chord

Options
  • 09-02-2008 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I need help identifying a chord

E
    A 3fret
    D 2fret
    G 5fret
    B 4fret
    E

I think it is some kind of Cmaj7 but the eb on the second string (which kind of makes it a minor) gives it a certain dissonance. any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

i dont think that chord has a name, see here > http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/chord_name.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

It's a C maj triad with an augmented 9th on top. The real question is WHY is that chord...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

Its part of a progression I've been toying with, this weird Caug9(?)chord that then moves to a C#maj9.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

I'm afraid it's far weirder than Caug9. C augmented 9 means a C augmented triad expanded to the ninth. The C augmented part means a normal C major triad with an augmented fifth (#5). The 9 part means it has a dominant 7th and a nine so Caug9 is C E G# Bb D.

This chord has a #9 so you could say Cadd#9 or Caddb10 though I've seen it refered more commonly as Cmin/maj.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

I'm afraid it's far weirder than Caug9. C augmented 9 means a C augmented triad expanded to the ninth. The C augmented part means a normal C major triad with an augmented fifth (#5). The 9 part means it has a dominant 7th and a nine so Caug9 is C E G# Bb D.

This chord has a #9 so you could say Cadd#9 or Caddb10 though I've seen it refered more commonly as Cmin/maj.

The Cmin/maj would seem the best way to describe this, Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement