Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vegetable Garden

Options
  • 09-02-2008 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to get on top of my garden at the minute; grew a few vegetables last year: cabbage, spinach, courgettes, turnips, garden peas and I've got some broccolli planted last year progressing nicely.

Haven't done anything with the garden throughout the winter as it's just been a big slop of mud that wouldn't take a shovel. I've a lot of digging to do to clear weeds hopefully over the next week or so if the ground dries out enough.

Was just wondering if anybody else here is planning to grow fruit or vegetables in their garden this year and we could maybe keep a thread going on our progress during the year. I'm talking about more a support group than a 'my parsnip is bigger than yours' contest.

Any runners?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

www.allotments4all.co.uk is a very good site. I haven't been looking at it regularly for about 18months, but check it out for starters

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

tampopo wrote: »
    www.allotments4all.co.uk is a very good site. I haven't been looking at it regularly for about 18months, but check it out for starters

great site, thanks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

you're welcome, it's, eh, comprehensive isn't it?

Fav boards are Top Tips, The Watershed, News, Computer Help etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭barry75

Hi .I am planning the same thing at the moment,Garden is one big mess have just moved in the house ,need to get the lawns done.Been hoping to grow fruit and veg.I have started making raised beds from timber that was left over from building the the house.I have made them about 5ft wide and about 20ft long.Lots of work filling them with clay!

Advertisement