Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

No Tcp/ip Settings

• 09-02-2008 11:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭

Hi I have no tcp/ip setting. I can connect to the internet alright but when i open my connection settings in control panel the folder is empty.
    What does this mean or effect :confused::o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Could you post a screenshot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭wex96

:o:o a screen shot of what? and how do i do it?:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

why are you concerned about your TCP/IP settings? What operating system are you using?

wex96 wrote: »
    :o:o a screen shot of what? and how do i do it?:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o
    You can hit the [Prnt Scrn] key and paste into mspaint and save as a jpg. But if that's too much trouble don't worry. One thought I had is the settings could be hidden but maybe not. The answers to L31mr0d's questions would be helpful. Any more info would be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Mach

It might be because your computer using DHCP. Whic assing your pc and IP. If you want to see the Ip setting just type cmd in run, the type ipconfig /all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Mach wrote: »
    It might be because your computer using DHCP. Whic assing your pc and IP. If you want to see the Ip setting just type cmd in run, the type ipconfig /all
    +1

Thanks, I'm running xp pro. when i run ipconfig /all the cmd screen just flashes. If they are hidding where can they be found?

To see the output run cmd, then type ipconfig /all
    As for hiding turn off hidden files in explorer tools>folder options >view>show hidden files

I've taken a screen shot of ipconfig/all, maybe you tell me if there is a problem, please. thanks

You're using DCHP, it's fine.

OT: Good thing that last guy deleted his post. Should know better than to be commenting on firefox skins.

• Advertisement

thanks for that rkm, what.s the difference between dhcp and tcp/ip and leave my walnut skins alone;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

wex96 wrote: »
    thanks for that rkm, what.s the difference between dhcp and tcp/ip and leave my walnut skins alone;):D
    DHCP is a method of automatically getting the TCP/IP information from the router, rather than having to specify all the settings yourself (known as static addressing).

but my router is set at static ip, where's the conflict if there is one:confused:

conflict? what do you mean?
    Your router has an address that the internet sees-external, and the internal address that your pc<->router use to communicate. [192.168.1.*]

ok i understand, i thought they had to be the same. thanks for your help.:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

If you've signed up for a broadband package that gives you a static IP your routers external interface will have a static IP and be configured for this. On your internal network your router will more than likely be configured to use DHCP to assign IP addresses to devices that connect to it.

OP the initial screen shot you posted looks a bit weird alright but from what you've posted i.e. the output from ipconfig /all this looks like more of a problem with XP than your router.

workaccount behave :p

Advertisement