Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for hens

• 09-02-2008 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

I kept a few old hens over the winter which I picked up for nothing to get me started with keeping hens. They don't do much in the way of laying, so I'd like to add a few young birds for the spring. Any idea where I could pick up 6 - 10 young hens? I'm in County Cavan. I don't know anyone in the area who keeps hens at all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭rliston

try the classified section in the farmers journal, usually it has ads for suppliers around the country. otherwise try your local mart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Avondale poultry in cork travel around selling hens (they come as far as wicklow anyway), have a look in the local paper also, thats where its advertised here.

Advertisement